Adnams Innovation?

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
timbobist
Steady Drinker

Adnams Innovation?

Post by timbobist » Sat May 20, 2017 9:02 am

Has anyone tried to brew a clone of innovation. I see on the website they use boadicea, columbus and stryian goldings. Pale malt and a bit of wheat malt. Was in Southwold last weekend, they have it on tap in the sole bay Inn. Lurvley stuff!

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Adnams Innovation?

Post by orlando » Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 pm

timbobist wrote:Has anyone tried to brew a clone of innovation. I see on the website they use boadicea, columbus and stryian goldings. Pale malt and a bit of wheat malt. Was in Southwold last weekend, they have it on tap in the sole bay Inn. Lurvley stuff!

The biggest issue is the yeast, a dual strain. If you can capture it from a 5 litre "keg" and step up then you are in with a shout.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

timbobist
Steady Drinker

Post by timbobist » Sat May 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Yeah I was considering doing something with the yeast, but as I've never harvested yeast before I am a little apprehensive. It's the hop schedule I'm not to sure about too.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Sat May 20, 2017 8:29 pm

timbobist wrote:Yeah I was considering doing something with the yeast, but as I've never harvested yeast before I am a little apprehensive. It's the hop schedule I'm not to sure about too.
Its always worth a polite email to ask the brewer ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(