Wit flaked or raw wheat confusion

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Barley Water
Under the Table

Re: Wit flaked or raw wheat confusion

Post by Barley Water » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Oh I hang with a pretty rough crowd, they are a bunch of snobs and I think they would know the difference. I would mash a Helles wort differently than I would a Kolsch wort because I would want the latter to be pretty fermentable while a Helles wort should have more body and hopefully end up a bit more malty. If one is to believe the literature surrounding Kolsch yeast supposedly the stuff is notoriously hard to floculate which should work out well for an American Wheat ale because I would want it hazy anyhow. As the green light has been turned on by my bride for brewing this weekend and I have the stuff (including the yeast) to make a Helles I'll do that first. After that, I may more on to the Kolsch strain and have some fun.
Drinking:Saison (in bottles), Belgian Dubbel (in bottles), Oud Bruin (in bottles), Olde Ale (in bottles),
Abbey Triple (in bottles), Munich Helles, Best Bitter (TT Landlord clone), English IPA
Conditioning: Traditional bock bier, CAP
Fermenting: Munich Dunkel
Next up: Bitter (London Pride like), ESB
So many beers to make, so little time (and cold storage space)