Camden Town Brewery: Gentleman's Wit

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Manngold
Drunk as a Skunk

Camden Town Brewery: Gentleman's Wit

Post by Manngold » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:23 am

Hi all,

Had a bottle of this last night, and really fancy brewing something similar. The side of the bottle gives some details as to what to inclde, but want advice on quantities, the beer comes in at 4.3%.

Malt:
Pilsner
Wheat
Torrified Wheat

Kettle Hops:
Perle

Side addition:
With Lemon zest and Bergamot. The side of the bottle for this bit reads; we've added the bergamot and lemon zest of an earl grey tea for a well turned out beer. Any idea if this tea bags steeped? During mash? During boil? In FV?

Yeast:
Belgian Wit Yeast

Thanks for any help

Gold

k1100t
Piss Artist

Re: Camden Town Brewery: Gentleman's Wit

Post by k1100t » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Bergamot season has finished, they're normally in Waitrose (the only place I've ever seen them) in January / February time. You might be able to find some dried rind, if you're lucky.

Cheers,
I like beer --- Currently rebuilding the brewery, this time with stainless...

BackO'Th'Shed

Post by BackO'Th'Shed » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Earl Grey tea isn't a bad option if you can't find any bergamot. I brewed an Earl Grey IPA a few years back and still get friends asking for it whenever they come around... From memory, I think I added 25g loose leaf tea to 20l for 5 days as a dry-hop addition.

Midlife
Piss Artist

Post by Midlife » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Nice beer, when I'm in town and spot Camden, I always have one. My favourite is Campden Pale, and now brewed it twice and got very near the brewery version. Will be very interested in your final grain bill.

Cheers

Doug