The marmalade in Fullers

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Gnorphy
Sober

Re: The marmalade in Fullers

Post by Gnorphy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:06 pm

Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. Used wlp002, between the yeast and the hops there is a distinct marmalade flavour.

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:11 am

Do you mean a jammy flavour or orangey?

Gnorphy
Sober

Post by Gnorphy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:24 pm

I mean orangy, but soft and not a sharp citrus

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:30 am

Gnorphy wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:06 pm
Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. Used wlp002, between the yeast and the hops there is a distinct marmalade flavour.
Made a smash with MARRIA ? Hope both of you enjoyed it =D>
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

PeeBee
Under the Table

Post by PeeBee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Gnorphy wrote:
Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. ...
I bet you didn't expect a spelling lesson posting on this forum. Although it's usually me who's IPA's victim, and I have suggested I've used Maris Piper (potato) for making beer before now. You wouldn't expect your beer post to get this response either (Plant Breeding Institute mentioned at end):

Maris Lane
Cask-conditioned style ale out of a keg/Cornie (the "treatise"): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzEv5 ... rDKRMjcO1g
Water report demystified (the "Defuddler"; removes the nonsense!): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Trefoyl
Even further under the Table

Post by Trefoyl » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:38 pm

PeeBee wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:17 pm
Gnorphy wrote:
Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. ...
I bet you didn't expect a spelling lesson posting on this forum. Although it's usually me who's IPA's victim, and I have suggested I've used Maris Piper (potato) for making beer before now. You wouldn't expect your beer post to get this response either (Plant Breeding Institute mentioned at end):

Maris Lane
:lol: =D> I might need to name one of my future beers Maris Piper, or maybe King Edward :lol:
Sommeliers recommend that you swirl a glass of wine and inhale its bouquet before throwing it in the face of your enemy.