Mixing cans of extract (bad?/ok?)

Want to experiment with additions and tweaks to beer kits? This is the place to post.
scitso213

Mixing cans of extract (bad?/ok?)

Post by scitso213 » Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 am

I have just complete bottling of my first ever brew (basic Brewbuddy with coopers enhancer 2). Already thinking about my next brew. These forums are great to see how others are mixing things up a bit. I have some cans of extract that I wanted to use up before getting some from the ideas from these forums.

Thinking of, Mixing the cans of extract that come with BrewBuddy Starter Kit along with Geordie Yorkshire Bitter . possible 500g of sugar/ enhancer.

CestrIan
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Mixing cans of extract (bad?/ok?)

Post by CestrIan » Mon May 26, 2014 9:00 pm

The thing you should consider is there is enough bitterness for 5 gallon in 1 can so your bitterness will be double. I think you might get away with 1 can from a two can kit (like wherry) plus another can from a single can kit, but it will still be 50% more bitter than normal.
Stay Home - Make Beer - Drink Beer

scitso213

Post by scitso213 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:22 am

I gave it a go today, boiled 500g of young’s enhancer/sugar about 2ltr. Heated up both cans in warm water. Mixed with 1ltr in fermenter then added the boiled sugar. Gave it a good old stir then fill with cold water to just under 5gal, took reading of around 1055 @ 21c added yeast. the temp of the room it’s in is steady 19c. I still have 500g young’s enhancer to use as primer for bottling.

The above said I’m a pure noob @ brewing – after watching youtube and reading forums I thought I'd get rid of the stuff I had accumulated get it all brewed. See how they go and then take what I have learnt from both internet and the beer already complete.

I welcome all feedback. And I do think I’m already obsessed with home brew.

Cheers

Snipersunset

Post by Snipersunset » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:15 pm

How did this turn out?

Mqse