Polypin Management

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
PEZ

Re: Polypin Management

Post by PEZ » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:45 pm

cool ta ;)

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:13 pm

ok brought it in earlier and stuck it in the fridge, i thought itd calm down a bit cos its cooler in there but the PP was harder than ever
probably cos it got shaken up a bit on the walk from garage to fridge.. so i let a fair bit of gas out and put it back,now i'm thinkin i might as well just add the rest of the honey. i'm a bit confused. anyone got any thoughts?

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Dennis King » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 pm

how long before you start drinking

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm

2 weeks?

Dennis King

Post by Dennis King » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:15 pm

If it keeps blowing up it sounds like theirs enough honey [I`ve never used it] still priming. let a lot of gas off now and see how much it blows up over the next few days. Still plenty of time to add more later if needed.

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:55 pm

haha its rock hard again already! AND in the fridge!!! maybe i shook it up toooo much...
had a half pint aswell and too sweet and flat still for definate :mrgreen:

Dennis King

Post by Dennis King » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:35 pm

If you dont let some gas off it may burst. 2 more weeks is to long if it is still priming

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 am

too long how u mean? i have to drink it before then?

Dennis King

Post by Dennis King » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:28 pm

no what I mean if you going to leave it 2 weeks to drink you need to let a lot of gas off now. It will still produce more gas, so unless you vent the barrel may blow. Then see how much it expands over the next week.

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:40 pm

ok thanks a lot. i had the fridge set at around 18 but turned it down to 10 tonight, i emptied the gas out earlier till it was
touchin the beer and it was full again although not solid 2 hours later. how bad is it for the beer to be moving it about so much?
i had to tilt it a fair bit to let gas out then the shelf broke which shook it a fair bit. again might explain the quick gas refill!

Invalid Stout

Post by Invalid Stout » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:48 pm

where can i get polypins from? :-k

Digby Swift

Post by Digby Swift » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Paul has started selling them, I have one but have not tried it out yet. It's the same as the ones you can get full of beer from woodfordes, presumably what other breweries use when they sell polypins as well.

Click Me

Dennis King

Post by Dennis King » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 pm

PEZ wrote:ok thanks a lot. i had the fridge set at around 18 but turned it down to 10 tonight, i emptied the gas out earlier till it was
touchin the beer and it was full again although not solid 2 hours later. how bad is it for the beer to be moving it about so much?
i had to tilt it a fair bit to let gas out then the shelf broke which shook it a fair bit. again might explain the quick gas refill!
Dont worry about moving it at the moment, you should only need to leave it undisturbed for a few days. Keep letting off gas untill then.

PEZ

Post by PEZ » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm

still lookin cloudy, havin a bottle now and its a bit too sweet... its drinkable but is gonna be a fair while lnger i reckon, how long u think it will keep in the fridge in the polypin? its tight but seems to have levelled out on the swelling front now. havent let any out for about a week..found my camera lead so thats at least a step closer to gettin the pics up :roll:

again thanks for your help on this

Dennis King

Post by Dennis King » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:33 pm

keeping that cold you might be ok with the pressure. personally it would let some gas off to be safe.