Easybrew Refunds

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
EnglishBob

Easybrew Refunds

Post by EnglishBob » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 am

Yes, it's that old chestnut EasyBrew again. This time it concerns refunds to your credit card.

Have you used EasyBrew but got a refund back from them on your card? If so have you checked your Card statements to see if the refunded money went back to them shortly after? Well this has happened to me and at least one other member on here, and I'd like to see if this has been going on for longer.

So please go through your statements and double check all EasyBrew transactions.

Ta

EB

EnglishBob

Re: Easybrew Refunds

Post by EnglishBob » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:15 pm

looks like a few others have had exactly the same refund problem as myself:

http://grez.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/ac ... -problems/

Sparkylu

Post by Sparkylu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:51 pm

The exact same thing has happened to me! :evil:

Marts

Post by Marts » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Sparkylu wrote:The exact same thing has happened to me! :evil:

Welcome to Jims Sparkylu. Sorry to hear that you've been stung by Easybrew. As you'll no doubt be aware by now - you are not alone.

Did you manage to get a refund in the end?

martyn142

Post by martyn142 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Unfortunately I paid with a debit card so I couldn't automatically get a refund via the bank. I did neverthless go to see them (Halifax). Although they have no legal right to ask Easybrew for the money back they said they would write a stern letter which might make them cough up. At least I have the satisfaction of making life a little more uncomfortable for that bunch of fraudsters.

Sparkylu

Post by Sparkylu » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi thanks for the welcome. I have an update, I contacted my bank who have been extremely helpful, I sent them all the paperwork which I kept and because this was an unauthorised debit of my account despite the amount being less than £100 they are taking it on and considering taking it to the police because it is a fraudulent debit. I recommend that anyone who has used a Visa card to pay to contact Visa direct for help.

Sparkylu

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Has anyone contacted trading standards yet?

jdt199

Post by jdt199 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:50 am

Did you ever get this sorted Englishbob?

mutleysfriend

Post by mutleysfriend » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Just thought I'd mention to give hope to others that I placed an internet order with Easybrew on the 10th December and the goods arrived today.
mf.

Marts

Post by Marts » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:24 am

You've been very fortunate then. I wouldn't recommend pushing your luck though...

carpet19
Piss Artist

Post by carpet19 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Hello all , dont know if this helps but heres the mobile number of Annette Ferre, owner of easybrew: removed. Never having bought anything off this dodgy company myself but give her a ring at christmas, she might even refund you, you never know. Let me know how you get on. Cheers

Edit: Personal phone number removed, easybrew contact info here.

mutleysfriend

Post by mutleysfriend » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Marts wrote:You've been very fortunate then. I wouldn't recommend pushing your luck though...
I hadn't read about the problems others were having before I placed my order. I will certainly think twice before ordering with them again.
mf.

Insider

Post by Insider » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Looks like the penny has dropped - Easybrew are getting a new site ready - new fiddle, old tune?
http://www.homebrewingandwinemaking.co.uk
check out the contact details page.

Marts

Post by Marts » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Insider wrote:Looks like the penny has dropped - Easybrew are getting a new site ready - new fiddle, old tune?
http://www.homebrewingandwinemaking.co.uk
check out the contact details page.

Well spotted Insider.

The Easybrew website has indeed been shut down and they have risen phoenix-like from the ashes with exactly the same content, conditions and address. No doubt the same sparkling service too.

So Home Brewing and Wine Making.... welcome to our Sh*t list.

sparky Paul

Post by sparky Paul » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Yes, good spot.

Obviously the reputation of Easybrew hasn't done it any favours. They'll be cussing when they read this... :wink: