CO2 in edinburgh

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
shedman

CO2 in edinburgh

Post by shedman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Can anyone point me to a supplier in edinburgh area. I have just phoned Russell Gas (Air Liquide), the only supplier I can find, who refuses to sell outwith the trade??

I have 2 cornies of beer sitting without gas and dont want them oxidising (cornies dont have the s30 valve fitted)

mysterio

Re: CO2 in edinburgh

Post by mysterio » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:30 pm

That's weird, I use russell gas and i'm certainly not in the trade.

I just went in and they asked what it was for, I said dispensing beer, they handed a massive tank of CO2 over. Maybe you just were unlucky who you got on the phone, might be worth calling in ?

shedman

Post by shedman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:13 pm

I thought Id heard of someone that used them, maybe I was unlucky. The problem is they are only open 9 - 4.30 mon to friday.

What did they charge you out of interest

RajBoab

Post by RajBoab » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Shedman,

I'm in Larbert near Falkirk (although I work in Edinburgh) and we've got a Russel Gas in the high street.

He sold me a cylinder of Air Liquide C02 with no issues. I said it was for home beer dispensing and there were no probs. Off the top of my head it was about £15 for the gas and a cylinder rental of £2.12 per month. After getting the first months invoice delivered I paid them six months in advance! I couldn't be bothered with the faff of having to go in every month.

So, I'd recommend calling the Edinburgh shop again and state that the Larbert shop is fine with it. If they still complain then a trip to Larbert (once/twice a year) may be a comprimise!

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:17 pm

I think that's more or less what I pay from Edinburgh.

shedman

Post by shedman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Unreal, Ill have to try them again then. I have found someone else here but he is looking for £26 per fill and £3.50 per month.

Seems quite bizarre as I could go to the same shop and buy a few cylinders of propane, chuck em in a car and drive them into an airport building no bother but they wont sell me CO2 which is harmless!! Unless of course they think Im some eco terrorist going round buying gas to let off into the environment.

I shall take a big sigh and try again. Thanks guys, just hope the beer keeps till I can get there.

boingy

Post by boingy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 pm

shedman wrote: Unless of course they think Im some eco terrorist going round buying gas to let off into the environment.
Wow, that really is playing the long game. "Gimme what I want or I'll release lots of CO2 into the atmosphere and in, ooh, 40 or 50 years your kids houses might flood and the weather will become less predictable"....

adm

Post by adm » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 pm

But you ARE in the trade!

You do outside catering and you need the CO2 for beer dispensing at events.

shedman

Post by shedman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:20 pm

boingy wrote:
shedman wrote: Unless of course they think Im some eco terrorist going round buying gas to let off into the environment.
Wow, that really is playing the long game. "Gimme what I want or I'll release lots of CO2 into the atmosphere and in, ooh, 40 or 50 years your kids houses might flood and the weather will become less predictable"....
Ah but Im dedicated boingy, Ill even pay to release it!! Free the Carbon Oxygen 2

Never thought of that Adm, I will bear it in mind

greenbank brewer

Post by greenbank brewer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:36 am

Hi Shedman

I am in Edinburgh and use Russell gas at sighthill with no problem. I already had an account with them for propane, but I just explained that I required co2 for dispensing beer and they added it to my account. I have had it both delivered and picked up in person. Prices have just gone up, was £12 per fill and £2.12 per month (which i also pay in advance).

If you are needing co2 urgently then pm me and I may be able to sort something out. Incidently do you (or anyone) know of a dealer in Edinburgh who will fill co2 bottles. I have one of Norms bottles which will be needing refilled soon.

gb

shedman

Post by shedman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 am

greenbank brewer wrote:Hi Shedman

I am in Edinburgh and use Russell gas at sighthill with no problem. I already had an account with them for propane, but I just explained that I required co2 for dispensing beer and they added it to my account. I have had it both delivered and picked up in person. Prices have just gone up, was £12 per fill and £2.12 per month (which i also pay in advance).

If you are needing co2 urgently then pm me and I may be able to sort something out. Incidently do you (or anyone) know of a dealer in Edinburgh who will fill co2 bottles. I have one of Norms bottles which will be needing refilled soon.

gb
Cheers gb, going to try on thursday as I have the afternoon off

dopeydaz

Post by dopeydaz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:40 pm

greenbank brewer wrote:

gb

Hi - i know you will have probably already sorted it by now - people who fill fire extinguishers can do it - i have used
forth fire protection before - good price and very helpful.