FV Lid mod and temp control.

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Scooby

Re: FV Lid mod and temp control.

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:24 pm

I needed to insulate the FV for the winter and Armaflex seems flavour of the month, I got a 25mm sheet and fashioned a jacket, my vivarium heater wraps round the FV nicely and the jacket slips over the top. The armaflex is very good to work with and not a sign of duct tape :lol:

Image Image

garwatts

Post by garwatts » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:43 pm

Scooby wrote:I needed to insulate the FV for the winter and Armaflex seems flavour of the month, I got a 25mm sheet and fashioned a jacket, my vivarium heater wraps round the FV nicely and the jacket slips over the top. The armaflex is very good to work with and not a sign of duct tape :lol:

Image Image
Your garage floor has come up nice :lol: :lol: 8)
Last edited by garwatts on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:36 pm

Yes, already for the new brewery now :=P :lol:

garwatts

Post by garwatts » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Scooby wrote:Yes, already for the new brewery now :=P :lol:
Have you ordered one then? :mrgreen:

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 pm

No :( I've just been having a clear out of stuff I really must sell, loads of much loved and cherished camera gear, valve amps and speakers. I reckon I may just be able to justify it if I can move them. Forum rules are brewing related items for sale only otherwise I would have offered them up here. Looks like it ebay for them :( :cry:

Nermal

Post by Nermal » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Scooby wrote: Image
Very nicely done - looks really good =D>

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Cheers Chris, I'm not sure the insulating properties are any better than good quality camping mats, they actually make exercise mats as well, but the combination of anti bacteria protection and vapour barrier giving resistance to condensation make it ideal to use in the garage and at low temps when chilling.