Making Corney fit in Kegerator?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
nil_fhios_agam

Making Corney fit in Kegerator?

Post by nil_fhios_agam » Wed May 13, 2009 9:15 am

A couple of months ago I got a fridge and a Corney. Everything is great with the setup but as you know Cornies get lonely and keep whispering suggestivly in my hear: "I need a friend". Not one to let me Corney down, I went out and got another, to keep him company on those cold evenings. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the second one won't fit into the fridge. It is being restricted by the tempeture gague and light on the right hand side of it.

Has anyone had the same problem and managed to get around it? I am gutted that I won't be able to use this corney :x

bazbaby3
Steady Drinker

Re: Making Corney fit in Kegerator?

Post by bazbaby3 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 am

Yep, just modifying my fridge. Ive taken the lamp holder/thermostat housing off. I then removed the lamp connections and moved thermostat farther back (Theres a plug connector go to the door switch stopping full movement). Im in the middle of making a new bracket and cover. You then can push 3 x 8mm pipes through where the cable enters the fridge so theres no need to drill anything. Also im making 3 x 6" deep shelves to sit above where the pump sits (no need to waste space). I will take a few pics when finished, probably sat/sun. =D> =D> =D>
mmmmmmm beer!
Fv1 - Wheatbeer.
Fv2 - Nothing.
Cornie1 - Orfys hob goblin clone.
Cornie2 - Styrian stuner.

nil_fhios_agam

Post by nil_fhios_agam » Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 am

bazbaby3 wrote:Yep, just modifying my fridge. Ive taken the lamp holder/thermostat housing off. I then removed the lamp connections and moved thermostat farther back (Theres a plug connector go to the door switch stopping full movement). Im in the middle of making a new bracket and cover. You then can push 3 x 8mm pipes through where the cable enters the fridge so theres no need to drill anything. Also im making 3 x 6" deep shelves to sit above where the pump sits (no need to waste space). I will take a few pics when finished, probably sat/sun. =D> =D> =D>
Nice one. If you could, a few picutes would be a great help. I am not the best with electrics etc.

StrangeBrew
Under the Table

Post by StrangeBrew » Wed May 13, 2009 11:25 am

Would it give enough room for two kegs if you removed the door shelves and panel?

Sometimes the door panel is screwed on underneath the rubber seal which makes life easy to remove the panel and replace the seal with other fridges you may have to carefully cut away the plastic of the panel with a sharp stanley knife...mind your fingers!

nil_fhios_agam

Post by nil_fhios_agam » Wed May 13, 2009 11:30 am

StrangeBrew wrote:Would it give enough room for two kegs if you removed the door shelves and panel?

Sometimes the door panel is screwed on underneath the rubber seal which makes life easy to remove the panel and replace the seal with other fridges you may have to carefully cut away the plastic of the panel with a sharp stanley knife...mind your fingers!
I don't think it would, the thermostat and light is near the front knocking the corney sideways towards the other one, if you know what I mean.

Good to know though. Anyone know if its possible to get schematics for fridges?

bazbaby3
Steady Drinker

Post by bazbaby3 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 pm

Take a look at these. Ive been havin a bit of stick off of the boys for not starting my brewery. Hey.... i cant do it all but its nice to be wanted. thanks for the prod!!!!

The Bazbaby Beer Fridge.
Thermostat/new bracket and old lamp cover used as a guard.
Another view. You can see the original place of the stat (cant move this)
shelving cut
old shelf supports removed (only this side, i left the other as it protects the stat wire)
Waste and left overs (note the beer can, hb still fermenting)
My babies side by side, and the door shuts with about 20mm of space infront the kegs.

Hope this gives you some idea on what you can do with yours....... right back to the brewery.................. after a beer of course.
mmmmmmm beer!
Fv1 - Wheatbeer.
Fv2 - Nothing.

garwatts

Post by garwatts » Fri May 15, 2009 12:16 am

Got to keep them babies cool 8) 8)

nil_fhios_agam

Post by nil_fhios_agam » Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm

bazbaby3 wrote:Take a look at these. Ive been havin a bit of stick off of the boys for not starting my brewery. Hey.... i cant do it all but its nice to be wanted. thanks for the prod!!!!

The Bazbaby Beer Fridge.
Thermostat/new bracket and old lamp cover used as a guard.
Another view. You can see the original place of the stat (cant move this)
shelving cut
old shelf supports removed (only this side, i left the other as it protects the stat wire)
Waste and left overs (note the beer can, hb still fermenting)
My babies side by side, and the door shuts with about 20mm of space infront the kegs.

Hope this gives you some idea on what you can do with yours....... right back to the brewery.................. after a beer of course.
That is exactly what I need. What extra parts did you buy and how were you sure that screwing into the side wall wasn't going to rupture anything important!

bazbaby3
Steady Drinker

Post by bazbaby3 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:26 pm

I didnt buy anything, made a bracket at work, and guessed the holes (drilled very slow). I must of got lucky because it still works!!!
mmmmmmm beer!
Fv1 - Wheatbeer.
Fv2 - Nothing.