Dalex Taps

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
bumperprop3

Dalex Taps

Post by bumperprop3 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:36 pm

I am looking for some advice, I had not used one of these on a King Keg before, initial dispensing was great, it was only after the beer level had dropped below the level of the tap that the problems started. I was using a Latstock float, and had pushed the tube into the tap via the grey connector. If I carefully stoop the keg, I get beer again, otherwise all I seem to get is froth or loss of CO2. Anyone have any clues?

craig3636

Re: Dalex Taps

Post by craig3636 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 am

i have fitted a dalex tap to my top tap king keg.
i pressurised the keg with co2 with water in it and found the tap leaking through the threads.
i removed the tap and applied silicone to the threads and tightend it up.
no probs now.also used 2 rubber washers,1 either side to seal the hole.
i used the origanal float that came with the barrel and pushed it in the grey connector on the back of the tap.
is yours a top tap or bottom tap?

Trunky

:)

Post by Trunky » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 am

:)
Last edited by Trunky on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bumperprop3

Post by bumperprop3 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:34 pm

craig3636 wrote:i have fitted a dalex tap to my top tap king keg.
i pressurised the keg with co2 with water in it and found the tap leaking through the threads.
i removed the tap and applied silicone to the threads and tightend it up.
no probs now.also used 2 rubber washers,1 either side to seal the hole.
i used the origanal float that came with the barrel and pushed it in the grey connector on the back of the tap.
is yours a top tap or bottom tap?
That is what I wanted to know, will the Latstock float work with it, and how far do I need to push the pipe & little grey connector in. I had no choice to open the keg up, the float was the correct way up, and the pipe was in, is there an issue surrounding the tube or the little grey push connector? Any more clues?

craig3636

Post by craig3636 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:44 am

sounds like the float tube is not sealing in the back of the tap.the pipe that came with the float in mine was 3/8 diameter which fitted straight into the tap.
i would remove the tap and check the pipe is pushed fully in,mine goes in about 15mm.