s30 Valves whats the difference?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
DC
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

s30 Valves whats the difference?

Post by DC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi all, I am busy cleaning one of my pressure barrels and I have noticed that one of the rubber washers on the s30 valve has seen better days (its shagg*d basically) :roll: so after rooting around in my hombrew equipment box I found another valve which I think is an s30 also (see below). The one on the left is the one that has been fitted to the black lid (pictured) of my pressure barrel. The one on the right is the one I found just wondering if the one on the right would work okay on the pressure barrel lid :?: But I am not sure as the nut is on the bottom of the one on the left and the other one has the nut on the top ! Or do I just swap the damaged washer from the left one for the good washer on the one on the right ? Any advice greatly received

Valves broken down

Valves assembled

Cheers DC 8)
FV No 1: Nowt
FV No 2: Nowt
FV No 3: Nowt
FV No 4: Nowt
Pressure Barrel No 1: Nowt
Conditioning: Nowt
Drinking: Nowt
Planning:
Yeast Bank: SafAle S04, Youngs Cider Yeast.

Tequilla6

Re: s30 Valves whats the difference?

Post by Tequilla6 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:32 am

The one on the right is a S30 valve, so your choice really. Prefer the style of the one on the left as you can get to the overpressure valve if needed unlike the one on the right with the brass collar. I have both styles and they can be interchanged with no issues I have found.

Cheers