My Idea for my Maxi 110

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
dopeydaz

My Idea for my Maxi 110

Post by dopeydaz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi All - New here so first of all Hi!

I am not brewing at the moment although is probably something i'd like to do in future!

I have just bought This

And also have one of these

Here is where i need the knowledge of the forum! been lurking for a couple of days now and know there is plenty of knowledge about!

Could i use the recirc pump on the maxi 110 to pump water through the corona ice box. (obviously it would need a couple of holes drilled bur i can do that no probs.

Basicaly i was thinking an inch or 2 of water in the bottom of the corona cooler - with the maxi 110 constantly recirculating it. Then sitting above the water level would be the bottled beer and girly drinks.

So a) Is this possible or would the maxi 110 keep overflowing and i'd eventually lose the water out of the cooler?

b) would it keep the beer cold? - the coolbox with some ice in will keep beer cold all day long for a bbq

c) Is the recirc pump strong enough?

So what do people think?

Thanks for reading!

Oh and the product coil will be used for a keg and fount - don't NEED to do this with the corona cooler but i think it will go well with my oil drum bbq project!!

Cheers
Darren

mac

Re: My Idea for my Maxi 110

Post by mac » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 pm

dopeydaz wrote:Hi All - New here so first of all Hi!

I am not brewing at the moment although is probably something i'd like to do in future!

I have just bought This

And also have one of these

Here is where i need the knowledge of the forum! been lurking for a couple of days now and know there is plenty of knowledge about!

Could i use the recirc pump on the maxi 110 to pump water through the corona ice box. (obviously it would need a couple of holes drilled bur i can do that no probs.

Basicaly i was thinking an inch or 2 of water in the bottom of the corona cooler - with the maxi 110 constantly recirculating it. Then sitting above the water level would be the bottled beer and girly drinks.

So a) Is this possible or would the maxi 110 keep overflowing and i'd eventually lose the water out of the cooler?

b) would it keep the beer cold? - the coolbox with some ice in will keep beer cold all day long for a bbq

c) Is the recirc pump strong enough?

So what do people think?

Thanks for reading!

Oh and the product coil will be used for a keg and fount - don't NEED to do this with the corona cooler but i think it will go well with my oil drum bbq project!!

Cheers
Darren
Darren,
The maxi 110 wouldn't do anything really. Flash chillers get used mainly in pubs, to cool the "python" (insulated beer supply from cellar to bar) but if you have a look at the forum members "kegerators" you'll see they don't get used. It certainly wouldn't cool something like a cooler box.
I bought one to use for taking to barbecue's and parties but they dispense the beer nowhere near cold enough for a barbecue style drink.
I sold mine a week after buying it but I'll be looking for a 110 soon because I'm changing my bar set up and will have a Python.

Parva

Post by Parva » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:33 am

My 110'alike cooler serves beer at 6c (down from 19c room temperature) but I can confirm that there's no way that it would keep such a volume of space at a low temperature.

mac

Post by mac » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:30 am

Parva wrote:My 110'alike cooler serves beer at 6c (down from 19c room temperature) but I can confirm that there's no way that it would keep such a volume of space at a low temperature.
I got better BBQ results with a FV 1/2 filled with water and a bag of ice. No need for electric either. :wink: