PET bottle pressurising device?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
RatboyOllie

PET bottle pressurising device?

Post by RatboyOllie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 am

How do everyone,

ive been given a pet bottle pressurising device and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? Basically its like a little regulator, you buy special caps from the homebrew store and fit them and a hambleton bard cylinder to the regulator device, then there is a little button to add co2 as you please.

Never come across one of these before and was hoping someone might have used one before? Im a bit scared of it blowin up in me face !

Almost seems too good to be true to be honest, i take a pop bottle, put the special valved cap on it, fill with beer, add co2 and hey presto, i have gassy beer? Havent tried it yet as my brew is fermenting but it must have some flaws surely or everyone would be using one wouldnt they?

Anyone got any thoughts?

cheers
:D

garwatts

Re: PET bottle pressurising device?

Post by garwatts » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 am

A spoonful of sugar will do the job quite nicely 8)

sparky Paul

Re: PET bottle pressurising device?

Post by sparky Paul » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 am

RatboyOllie wrote:Almost seems too good to be true to be honest, i take a pop bottle, put the special valved cap on it, fill with beer, add co2 and hey presto, i have gassy beer? Havent tried it yet as my brew is fermenting but it must have some flaws surely or everyone would be using one wouldnt they?
I've seen them before, but they don't seem very popular. I think the killer is the price of the special caps.