Cornies - any good

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
ADDLED

Re: Cornies - any good

Post by ADDLED » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 pm

arturobandini wrote:If you buy disconnects from Green he'll chuck them inside the keg too so you won't pay any extra postage on them.
Hey bandini i dont understand; it makes no difference if the fittings are in the keg or not since theyre all inside the same box surely so it all weighs and costs the same?

Ive got one of the portable taps and im minus 5 pints of beer tonite. Went to pour a pint in the garage and noticed a nice lake of beer on the floor where the tap has leaked at the disconnect.
Its a brand new washer on the outlet post but i dunno of youre meant to grease the washer before attaching the tap, so can someone let me know.
tks fellas.

arturobandini
Under the Table

Re: Cornies - any good

Post by arturobandini » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:56 pm

ADDLED, i meant as opposed to sending them in a little jiffy bag alongside the main parcel.

No grease required when I do mine. Do check your outpost is screwed down tight and your disconnect is on correctly. I lost lots of gas in my system when not tightening up my beer outpost sufficiently.
Planning - Not for a long while

Fermenting - I'm Done

Bottle Maturing - Hobgoblin, Fullers ESB, American Stout, TOP, Fullers London Porter, Bandini Black IPA

Drinking - Still...Whiskey