cornie/tap problem

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
dandy

cornie/tap problem

Post by dandy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:35 am

Hi all,

forced carbonated a red ale today(use the term red loosely!), and it worked fine this morning(albeit the beer was cloudy and undercarbonated)
put it in my soon to be kegerator to chill, and when I tried to serve it tonight Nada!

I hooked up another black disconnect with no tap at the end, and the beer flew out, but the disconnect with the dalek tap at the end, the beer doesn't even enter the line(all messing with the flow control has done nothing!)
Anybody any ideas what the problem might be?

thanks,

Andy

Parva

Re: cornie/tap problem

Post by Parva » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:55 am

I'm trying to get my head around this. If you put a black disconnect onto the out post with nothing attatched to the disconnect then yes, beer will pour out under pressure. If this disconnect is connected to a tap and you get nothing then you need to look at the tap.

dandy

Re: cornie/tap problem

Post by dandy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Hiya,

It must have been a disconnect problem,(maybe it got froxen in the kegerator!!)
when I finally pulled the tap off the line/diconnect that I had, and put it on the new ones I got from Norm,
It worked like a charm(albeit again way to cloudy, I think I over pitched!!

One question now though. I got a cheap dalex tap from fleabay(a free flow one), but it seems to have a smaller line fitting than the 3/8 flow control one that I have,

Is there a connection that I can get that will help the 3/8 line into it, or shoul I get a smaller line, and hope it fits into Norms john guest fitting,

Danke

Andy

Trunky

:)

Post by Trunky » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm

:)