Fixing taps to Cornelius Kegs?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
DC
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Fixing taps to Cornelius Kegs?

Post by DC » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi all, I have just received my 2nd Cornie from norm a few weeks back and have just had my 2nd AG Brewday of which the resulting brew will hopefully be risiding in my 2nd Cornie in 2 weeks ! I have a tap fitted to my 1st (Norm) Cornie which was a nightmare too fit :evil: After drilling and cutting the rubber handle and running into the steel rod :x (that I was pre warned about) I am wondering if anyone can suggest an easier way to fit taps to a Cornie :?: I have seen a few different pics on the forum of taps fitted to Cornies but could only find this pic. I did see a pic of a tap on some sort of metal strap that was hung over the side of a cornie handle on the forum a while back but cant for the life of me find the pic. I am debating wether or not to mess with fitting taps to Cornies and just going with one of those chrome one's from Norm where you can just disconnect from one Cornie and stick it on the next one ! Does anyone know of anywhere else that sells them in the UK apart from Norm?

My tap fitted to Cornie No 1

Tap fitted to Cornie (photo from forum) who's Cornie is this?

Cheers DC :wink:
FV No 1: Nowt
FV No 2: Nowt
FV No 3: Nowt
FV No 4: Nowt
Pressure Barrel No 1: Nowt
Conditioning: Nowt
Drinking: Nowt
Planning:
Yeast Bank: SafAle S04, Youngs Cider Yeast.

Parva

Re: Fixing taps to Cornelius Kegs?

Post by Parva » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 am

This is my 3rd and final attempt at posting. :( Basically, I have only two cornie kegs with Norm fitted taps and just use one mostly, connecting the disconnect to the beer of my choice. The picture may help, sorry for it being fuzzy.

Subsonic

Post by Subsonic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Thats the way I got mine supplied from norman. Now I have taken those taps off and fitted them through a fridge door and use that with the keg inside. The other simple option for a keg is a party tap on a flexi hose. Not as pretty but ok when you take a keg to a party or just want to serve a low pressure bitter. Subsonic.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Hope and Grope sell a Quick Dispense tap If that's what you mean, they also have the flexi tap as do The Hop Shop mentioned by Subsonic.

I have tap holes drilled in 3 of my cornies, only one had the steel reinforcement in a hollow rubber collar, the others had solid rubber only, so if your second cornie is different from the first you might give it a go, perhaps move the location slightly in the new one to miss the steel if any.

williams_tom

Post by williams_tom » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:53 pm

im fancying putting a delax tap on my corni, anyone know if this is poss?

adm

Post by adm » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:42 pm

How about not fixing the tap to the corny at all?

Just get a length of beer line, attach one end to the beer out disconnect, the other to the tap, and put the corny where it's best suited (like in a fridge) and the tap to where it's best suited - like outside the fridge somewhere.....you get MUCH more flexibility this way as your taps can be remotely mounted, and all you need to do to change beer is to swap the beer out disco to another keg. If your tap is fixed to your corny handle, you are pretty much limited to only using it for what's in that corny.

williams_tom

Post by williams_tom » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:21 am

well i only have one cornie at the mo, and if i did get more i would probably have a tap for each, just wondering if anyone has actualyl done this, and had the tubbing coiled up in the top, if any has please get in touch,

williams_tom

Post by williams_tom » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:24 pm

any got any ideas to help me fix a dalex tap to my cornie?