Video-Bottling, Bottling Stick & Bench Capper

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Re: Video-Bottling, Bottling Stick & Bench Capper

Post by WishboneBrewery » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:52 am

simple one wrote: (edit: I am a northerner forced to migrate for financial reasons!)
It must be terrible for you!!! :shock:

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Surely they use isomerised hop extract which would make that impossible...I can't imagine Newkie Brown ever having seen an aroma hop although I haven't had any for a long time now.
That's what I heard, too. Buy a bottle and have a whiff though
The emporers new clothes effect seems to be prolific among homebrewers.
Indeed, but I will ask anyone reading this to leave their trial jars out in the sunlight for a short while and deciding for themselves

Dr. Dextrin

Post by Dr. Dextrin » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:46 pm

simple one wrote:Surely if your drinking beer down sarf the little cocktail brolley supplied with your beer will protect it from the sun? :lol:
Gee thanks, that must be it. I always wondered what they were for.

BTW, does anyone know at what point in the brewing process beer becomes susceptible? Is it just when it's been fermented, or should I do my mash & boil by moonlight just to be safe?

Hogarth
Under the Table

Post by Hogarth » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:24 am

As an experiment I once left a bottle of Old Speckled Hen on a windowsill for a month. Could hardly taste the difference between it and a normal bottle -- just a touch of sulphuriness. On the other hand half the bottles I buy at Tesco do seem to have it, and I blame the neon lights. It's not just the cat's pee aroma, it's the fact that all the other flavours have become dulled. Never noticed it in a pub garden, though.

Nice bottling video, Chris.