immersion cooler

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Anavrin

Re: immersion cooler

Post by Anavrin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 am

I too was wondering about diameter, design, cost etc, in the end I found the guy who runs Leyland Home Brew makes them to order for just under £30, f#%k it I thought! all this messing about and I can buy one that's twice the size of the Brewheat one for half the price, works a treat and is perfectly made, it will cost you more the £20 just to buy the copper and if you f#%k up and kink the pipe when making it you have to start again, just buy one from Leyland

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:24 am

Each to their own I suppose but scanning this forum indicates that for many, part of the enjoyment of homebrew is the pleasure of designing and making their own equipment :wink:

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:11 am

Scooby wrote:Each to their own I suppose but scanning this forum indicates that for many, part of the enjoyment of homebrew is the pleasure of designing and making their own equipment :wink:
Its a case of if you can and if you are willing to have a go :) Surely it give the brew a more personal touch :)

lewis1981

Post by lewis1981 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:40 pm

when building my immersion chiller what end connectors do i need so i can push some hose pipe over. are they 10mm or 15mm?

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Standard garden hose will fit over 15mm. Its best heated in hot water then pushed on and secured with a jubilee clip
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife

lewis1981

Post by lewis1981 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:24 pm

thanks trucker will be buying my bits this weekend and will be another step closer to my first AG brew :)

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 pm

15mm x 3/4 bsp washing machine taps will take a hozelock quick release fitting

screwfix

hozelock