5L Mini Kegs

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
paowens

5L Mini Kegs

Post by paowens » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could give me a reliable (and cheap) supplier of 5 litre mini kegs. I've already had a bad experience with candirect in Germany so dont really want to go there again. I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Thanks,

P.

tangoman
Piss Artist

Re: 5L Mini Kegs

Post by tangoman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Waffty
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Waffty » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:01 pm

paowens wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could give me a reliable (and cheap) supplier of 5 litre mini kegs. I've already had a bad experience with candirect in Germany so dont really want to go there again. I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.
P,

Can you tell me what the problems with the Candirect offering were, as I was looking to buy a couple of their mini barrels, with tap & top vent, as whilst I'm happy with my Corny kegs, I want to experiment with true 'live' beer aka what the breweries send out.

Thanks
Darren.
Fermenting - Nothing
Conditioning - Nothing
Drinking - Tea
Planning - Everything, if only I had the time ... !!

paowens

Post by paowens » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Darren,
I ordered 8 kegs and 2 dispensors in May. Never got them! emailed and called Stefan ( The owner of the site) a million times, when he did answer he promised they would be delivered the next week..over and over again....never happened! I'm in the middle of trying to get my money back via paypal dispute as he promised to issue a refund and never did that either.

If I were you or anyine else reading this post I wouldn't touch Candirect with a fourty foot barge pole. You all have been warned :!:

P.S. Thanks for that Tangoman! I will be ordering from Hop and Grape as soon as I get my money back from Candirect

Waffty
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Waffty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:18 pm

That's interesting, as I've always had good service from Candirect or be it I haven't ordered from them for a bit.

I do like the look of their mini kegs with taps, so I may email them first, to check for availability.

Thanks.
Darren
Fermenting - Nothing
Conditioning - Nothing
Drinking - Tea
Planning - Everything, if only I had the time ... !!