MDPE Conical (Fermenter?)

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
garwatts

MDPE Conical (Fermenter?)

Post by garwatts » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:16 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... Track=true

Reply from seller states

Dear garwatts,

Hello just found out that the material is MDPE (medium-density-polyethylene)hope this helps cheers

-bargains-4-bio

My question is......Do you think this would any good as a fermenter? Not sure whether MDPE is food quality or not?

spiderpig

Re: MDPE Conical (Fermenter?)

Post by spiderpig » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 pm

hi all have been looking at this exact conical tank was gonna use it with a maxi 110 recerc set up
i was worried about the holes in the middle being a prob but seller says they are only mouting holes :?
oily bits on ebay do one about the same size as well hope i can use one for my new all grain setup :wink:

garwatts

Post by garwatts » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Chris-x1 wrote:No. These keep cropping up from time to time. I've no doubt they are robust but look at the finish quality around the threads. That dirt is ground into the plastic, particularly where the threads continue into the vessel.
Thanks Chris, another one bites the dust :( :( Where did the other photo come from?
Cheers
Gaz

spiderpig

Post by spiderpig » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 pm

the one on ebay looks different its only 110 litres
is the problem with them the finish inside :?

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:31 pm

I suppose a flanged nipple that goes all the way though (With the flange on the inside like a tank connector) would eliminate that problem . . . With a suitable washer . . . then it depends on the internal plastic finish.