tc 10 wiring again

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
dubboy

tc 10 wiring again

Post by dubboy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:42 pm

hi there,
i was wondering if someone could just double check my wiring?
I am guessing that the brown is positive,the yellow is negative and the thick white sheaved wire is the cooler.?
Cheers dub

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Re: tc 10 wiring again

Post by Aleman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 pm

I would bet Brown is live from the supply and yellow is switched live to the compressor

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:38 pm

so could you tell me how that would wire up on the tc 10 and if thats the case where would i get a neutral from for the tc 10?
And is the coiled white wire the cooler?
What i am trying to do is put the tc 10 in place of the fridges stat?
cheers dub

Frisfur

Post by Frisfur » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:50 pm

You have to be careful with fridge wiring
Although its very likely that brown is live, its not always true, You should get a meter to check

As you dont have a lamp in your fridge there is no neutral inside
Dont despair!
You will have to get a neutral from the terminal block on the compressor at the back.
To do this get a long no1 point philips screwdriver an bang a hole in the liner at the back to feed a wire to the TC10 its only plastic and foam
dont worry about puncturing the gas pipes as you have an external evaporator plate.

Just make sure that you miss the black condenser on the back
the coiled white wire is part of the thermostat, just remove it with the thermostat
I did very similar here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22702
HTH

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:24 pm

right i have checked the wiring with a meter and found that the brown is permanent power and the yellow is power to the compressor as it only has power to it when the thermostat is switched on.
So all good :lol:

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:55 pm

well ere we are,here is the tc10 temporary set up just to see is it works and all is fine

When i put it in its permanent position it shall be nearly the bottom of the door so i can see the temp with out opening the door.
Also is it ok to drill through the side walls to get my co2 bottle line in there?