9 gal Whitbread plastic kegs....

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Bopper

9 gal Whitbread plastic kegs....

Post by Bopper » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 am

I have picked up a couple of 9 gal Whitbread plastic kegs from my friend who picked them out of a skip from a local pub after asking, also a guinness pump with the handle minus the tap...My question is ? what sort of fittings is required to fit into the top of the keg........

Thanx Richard :D

Invalid Stout

Re: 9 gal Whitbread plastic kegs....

Post by Invalid Stout » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Plastic kegs? Whitbread? I'm quite confused as I thought plastic kegs had only been introduced relatively recently, long after Whitbread got out of brewing.

Lillywhite

Re: 9 gal Whitbread plastic kegs....

Post by Lillywhite » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Invalid Stout wrote:Plastic kegs? Whitbread? I'm quite confused as I thought plastic kegs had only been introduced relatively recently, long after Whitbread got out of brewing.
After a long history of brewing, the company, now known as Whitbread Group Plc decided in 2001 to sell all its breweries and brewing interests (Whitbread Brewing Company) to Interbrew, now known as InBev. Whitbread-branded alcoholic beverages are still available in the UK, such as canned Whitbread bitter, but these are not produced by InBev, merely produced under licence by other producers. InBev controls the use of the Whitbread brand, and the hind's head logo, for use on beverages. In 2002 Whitbread sold its pub estate, known as the Laurel Pub Company, to Enterprise Inns.