Brewers Software

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Re: Brewers Software

Post by floydmeddler » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Why don't you download trial versions and see what you think? You can try most of them on a trial basis... the one that you like, buy! :D Beertools pro is brilliant.

Russ

Post by Russ » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Wheelers Beer Engine is great http://www.practicalbrewing.co.uk/calcu ... index.html

Its free and I can't see the need for anything else if used with his water treatment calculator. I also use DaaB's batch sparge calculator (find them both thru the hints and tip tag at the top of the page)

Russ

dandan

Post by dandan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:50 pm

I use Beersmith!!

On the market is Beer Smith, Beer Tools, Pro mash, Beer Engine for pc

Beersmith you can set this to show recipes that you could make from the ingredients you have in your inventory, which is great, as some great features you are able to programme in your own equiment and log brewdays, the print outs produce a step by step guide on your brew day too (even reminds you to pre heat up your mash tun) :D its about £14 so good value compared to what beertools is.

harvs

Post by harvs » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:06 pm

I use qbrew. It's free and not too complicated :D

RabMaxwell

Post by RabMaxwell » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Russ wrote:Wheelers Beer Engine is great http://www.practicalbrewing.co.uk/calcu ... index.html

Its free and I can't see the need for anything else if used with his water treatment calculator.

Russ
I would second this i use it instead of Promash now & love it i really like the water calculator too

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:00 pm

harvs wrote:I use qbrew. It's free and not too complicated :D
one or two things from Qbrew would look good in BeerEngine :) Though I find Qbrew slow to input a recipe.

Bobba
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Bobba » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Just purchased beersmith yesterday after testing it against promash and looking into a couple of the others.
It has excellent hop descriptions, making it a great all round brewing database, as well as an excellent tool for designing a brew.
Graham's beer engine is excellent also if all you want is to formulate a recipe. I can see myself using a combination of both

I did notice something quirky however, the colour for my last brew that I inputted into both beerengine and beersmith is different, despite having the same quantities and ebc's......any idea why anyone?

FV: -
Conditioning: AG34 Randy's Three Nipple Tripel 9.2%, AG39 APA for a mate's wedding
On bottle: AG32 Homegrown Northdown ESB, AG33 Homegrown Cascade Best
On tap: -
Garden: 2x cascade, 2x Farnham whitebine (mathon), 2x northdown, 1x first gold