Budget kegs

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
sam c

Budget kegs

Post by sam c » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:59 pm

i ve been thinking about getting myself one of these as sometimes i am too lazy to bottle up a whole batch.

have been searching the forum for a basic guide to using these but it seems that most of them are about the king kegs. im guessing that it is all pretty much the same but was wondering if anyone had a deccent link to a guide for budget kegs? sorry if there is one in here that i have missed.

will i need to spend the extra £15 or so on the lid with what looks like to me where i would inject co2 in? or can you get away with priming as per usual and using the lid that is provided with the keg?

i brough some co2 bulbs from wilkos today as i was in there but they say co2 syphon bulbs on the pack. are these the same thing?

thanks for any advice

OldSpeckledBadger
Under the Table

Re: Budget kegs

Post by OldSpeckledBadger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Rather than buying from Wilcos you'll find it cheaper to go to a HBS and get a budget barrel with an S30 cap already fitted. Get an S30 cylinder too. The initial price may seem high at about £18 but refills are only about a fiver so it quickly works out cheaper than the little cartridges.
Best wishes

OldSpeckledBadger

sam c

Re: Budget kegs

Post by sam c » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:07 pm

ok cheers i will take a look online now and see what it costs.

any how to guides?or is it pretty straight forward?