Wiring up a TC10?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
DC
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Wiring up a TC10?

Post by DC » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:09 am

Hi all, I have just taken delivery of my new TC10 from Forttex :D for my fermenting fridge project 8) I am quite surprised at the size of it :shock: its smaller than I thought it would be. Just wondered if anyone has any info or pics on how to wire a TC10 up with trailing sockets etc for plugging in heating and cooling devices :?:

Cheers DC :?
FV No 1: Nowt
FV No 2: Nowt
FV No 3: Nowt
FV No 4: Nowt
Pressure Barrel No 1: Nowt
Conditioning: Nowt
Drinking: Nowt
Planning:
Yeast Bank: SafAle S04, Youngs Cider Yeast.

Titanium Tone

Re: Wiring up a TC10?

Post by Titanium Tone » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:51 am

casbar
Steady Drinker

Post by casbar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I wired mine up earlier this week, just follow the wiring diagram on the top or in the instructions, its not that difficult. I mounted mine in an old computer psu case, and put a single socket on each side (one for cooling, one for heating)
The Mad Dog Brewery

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:13 pm

have you thought about bypass the fridges thermostat all together coz thats what i did with mine and the put the tc10 on the door and used a twin gang way case and blanking cover to hold it

rick_huggins

Post by rick_huggins » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 am

I velcro'd mine to the top of the chest freezer, works a treat!

Wiring instructions are on top of the unit

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 am

There are advantages of portability if you set it up in a self contained box with or without flying leads. It can be used for other projects and the fridge is not altered so can be used as normal if wished.

This is the wiring in mine as in the link by TT

DC

Post by DC » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi all, I started on my TC10 tonight and after totally destroying 2 of the white boxes pictured below :evil: what a pain in the A**E to drill and cut to fit a TC10 into. I decided to have a go at wiring up the TC10 to the trailing sockets and some power cord just to see if I could get it right. Just wondering if some one could have a look at my wiring and see if I have it wired correctly :?: As I could not see all of the wiring in this photo
Smashed 2 of these white boxes :x

Here are the photo's of my wiring ! Hope some one can tell me if its correctly wired, I will have too buy another box from Wilko's to house the TC10 in #-o 3rd time lucky I hope.

Cheers DC :?
Planning:

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:35 am

Go for it, it's not that expensive to get another one if you've made a mistake :=P :D That looks fine, give it a whirl :wink:

DC

Post by DC » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi all, Well I have finally managed to wire up my TC10 tonight after wrecking 2 plastic socket boxes in the process :evil: But its finally completed :D It took me ages to drill all the holes and cut and grind the hole out in the plastic box for the TC10 :x Had a bit of a game on getting all the wires connected up once the TC10 was in the box :x Had to take it apart about 3 times to get it right. I have only tested the power to the TC10 at the moment as I had to move my mobile brewing stand which houses my brewing fridge to install the sensor via the drain hole in the bottom of the fridge at the back ! So I wont be trying the cooling out until the gas has settled ! I did however switch the fridge on instead of the TC10 for a split second and then swithced it straight off again #-o Does anyone know if this will damage my fridge at all :?: I will leave for 24 hours before switching fridge on again. So Back to the TC10 :wink: I plugged one of those circuit breakers (type you use with your lawn mower) into the socket and then plugged the TC10 into the circuit breaker incase my wiring was dodgy :shock: And finally flicked the switch and guess what :?: It bloody worked :shock: and didnt go bang :D Had a bit of a mess on with settings etc to try and get a feel of how to work it =P~ Will have a proper go tomorrow :D

All wired up

Close up 8)

Digital thermometer on the left looks well out :shock:

Cheers DC :wink:
Planning:

rick_huggins

Post by rick_huggins » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Oh and remember not to cross the lines!!

DC

Post by DC » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi Rick, Cross the lines :?: :?

Cheers DC
Planning:

OvenHiker
Piss Artist

Post by OvenHiker » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Finished wiring up my TC-10 last night. Thanks to Scooby and DC for posting pics of your wiring, helped me a great deal. The flying leads are a great idea DC - thanks for that.

DC - I suspect Rick is wise enough to know that crossing the lines would be bad. How bad? Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. :)