Mashmaster PID

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
HantsGaz

Mashmaster PID

Post by HantsGaz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone use one of these? I'm thinking of getting one so I can plug/wire my Burco into it to control the temperature more easily/accurately. In fact - I think there are quite a few things on their site that I might purchase!!! Wish I hadn't looked at the site now :D .

Gaz.

Scooby

Re: Mashmaster PID

Post by Scooby » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Try Craftbrewer you may find it cheaper.

I must admit it seems a very expensive way to control the temp when you can stick a thermometer in there and turn off, and when asked if it's worth having a thermostatically controlled boiler most say it's a waste of time. (Not me if you have two elements) I can see the appeal and if you want to switch on first thing in the morning of a brew and go take a shower or something you know it wont be boiling away if your longer than expected :lol:

BTW I've have the fridgemate controlling my beer fridge for a couple of years now and it's been faultless.

HantsGaz

Re: Mashmaster PID

Post by HantsGaz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Yes, I know what you mean Scooby, it is a tad expensive. However, the simmer stat dial on my Burco doesn't seem to be the most responsive of devices and I just like the idea of extra control without having to constantly dip my thermometer in the Burco and keep adjusting the dial. I’m also thinking of converting the Burco into a HERMS at some stage so this should help too. Included in the approximate £40 is also the stainless temp probe that alone is £15 so that puts the actual unit at around £25. At least, that’s my way of trying to justify the cost :wink:

Thanks for he other link too. Well, maybe not so many thanks as now my shopping list has grown somewhat!