Loss of pressre in cooler

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
PeterM

Loss of pressre in cooler

Post by PeterM » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 pm

Hello, im having a bit of a problem and wonder if anyone can come up with the best solution ?

Basically I have a corny keg running into the in on my chiller through about 2 metres of the thicker size line this then comes out into the thinner style beer line over one metre into my tap. This setup worked great a couple weeks ago with plenty of head of pressure and in the beer. Now for some reason i get no head even tho my pressure is at 25psi. could it be the pressure is way too much? i would have thought this would cause more foam? if i take aline direct from the corny bypassing the cooler it serves great but obiously not cool enough. Could it be my chiller is set too cold? im setting all my stuff up properly so wonder if its best to have the cooler in line with the tap level ( above the keg ) of below them both as I do now. Are my lines too long? help!!! :D

PeterM

Re: Loss of pressre in cooler

Post by PeterM » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Cheers for the help I did all of those - reduced line length, cooler temp and raised the cooler a bit and its made a huge difference , a little too much head now but suppose all i need to do is use a longer line if i want less head on the beer! , cheers again... :=P