Mostly complete

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
grmills

Mostly complete

Post by grmills » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Don't know you experts will rate this, but I like it. Didn't take long... :^o

Hogarth
Under the Table

Re: Mostly complete

Post by Hogarth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Holy crap ... is that an oil refinery?

Seriously, nice work. =D>

crowds

Post by crowds » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:18 pm

Hogarth wrote:Holy crap ... is that an oil refinery?
^^ :lol:

I was looking for the flux capacitor

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 am

that is rather posh :)

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: .....Just imagine if that was real :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sticking to my jug and bucket :lol: :lol: :lol:
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife

softlad

Post by softlad » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:58 am

That looks really good

When's the first brewday ?

mbt22

Post by mbt22 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:03 am

Truly impressive! I've worked at less complicated bits of refineries.

How are you planning to CIP all of that?

adm

Post by adm » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:22 am

Wow. that looks great.

Where's the control panel with all the blinkenlights ?

ACHTUNG!
ALLES TURISTEN UND NONTEKNISCHEN LOOKENPEEPERS!
DAS BRAUMASCHINE IST NICHT FÃœR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER PIPENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKSEN.
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN

grmills

Post by grmills » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:39 pm

mbt22 wrote: How are you planning to CIP all of that?
Don't know (that is, I don't know what CIP stands for)
trucker5774 wrote:When's the first brewday ?
Was 1st August. All the gear worked okay but operator error meant:
(a) not enough time allowed for pumps to self-prime, hence several cavitation issues
(b) valves left open after sparging complete, so about 10 litres syphoned back into the MLT (just pumped it back again)
(c) boiler hadn't been calibrated so final volume was excessive at OG 1044 (instead of 1050) and required two FV's
The plumbing design worked well though, which is the main thing (based on GW's directions in How to...Homebrew)

Am drinking it now, still a couple of weeks early by my reckoning (lots of hops -or something else???- which needs a month to lose their harshness) but it's at least as good as the previous versions (despite higher than desirable fermentation temps) so at least I haven't gone backwards. Second brewday was 10th Aug, so that should be thoroughly ready when I get onto it.
mbt22 wrote:ACHTUNG!
ALLES TURISTEN...
Been after this for years, we had it posted next to the radar on one old ship. Now I've got somewhere/thing to put it on you've saved me a job, thanks.

BrewingAgain

Post by BrewingAgain » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Inspirational work.

Have you moved this system to the garage or shed. Surely, you're not brewing in the home office/study ?

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:34 pm

CIP= clean in place.

It's a thing of beauty and to be admired 8) but cleaning and drying the pipework will be a problem. Silicon pipework would be easier to clean and dry plus would be reconfigurable.

lukesharpe

Post by lukesharpe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:03 pm

:shock: That is a thing of beauty..

grmills

Post by grmills » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

BrewingAgain wrote:Surely, you're not brewing in the home office/study ?
Absolutely. I've been told to move it to the garage, but seems to be rather static for now...
Scooby wrote:CIP= clean in place.

Ah, another TLA I need to learn - you don't work in education do you? :D Pump boiling water round everything at the end, including reverse direction through the CFC. Drain via the drain cocks (x 3), dry it no, can't be a*sed. Then run boiling water through all the post-boil pipe-work on it's way to the MLT at the start of the next brew session. And occasion blast with hot VWP or similar. And that's a lot more hygiene than I would normally bother with.
Scooby wrote:Silicon pipework would be easier to clean and dry plus would be reconfigurable.
Probably, but having used copper glue it is re-configurable, albeit with a bit of messing around. However, it works rather well so I don't envisage any need for reconfiguring in the immediate future.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:54 pm

lukesharpe wrote: :shock: That is a thing of beauty..
See my sig :)

grmills wrote: Ah, another TLA I need to learn - you don't work in education do you? :D Pump boiling water round everything at the end, including reverse direction through the CFC. Drain via the drain cocks (x 3), dry it no, can't be a*sed. Then run boiling water through all the post-boil pipe-work on it's way to the MLT at the start of the next brew session. And occasion blast with hot VWP or similar. And that's a lot more hygiene than I would normally bother with.
I admire you confidence 8) Good luck :wink:

grmills

Post by grmills » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Ask me if I've had any problems in a year's time. In the meantime bear in mind that although most people on this forum appear to live downwind of Pirbright or somewhere equally suspect :unsure:, and consequently find it essential to devote limitless time and resources to the incessant sterilisation of anything and everything, those of us who don't don't.