BOILER/FERMENTATION BUCKETS

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
ADDLED

BOILER/FERMENTATION BUCKETS

Post by ADDLED » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 am

Hi, ive been using the EC6000 60litre buckets with lids made by HK Plastics and paying over £21 at the HBS plus P&P. The following company sells the same ones for £11 plus VAT, including delivery which works out £12.65 each delivered.

http://www.victoriapackaging.co.uk/eurocontainers.htm

Theyre really easy to fit taps and elements to and make a great boiler. Theres a min order of 5 buckets so it might suit someone who wants a few or can split an order with a local brewer.
I could do with a couple of them as FVs so if anyone in London is interested then feel free to PM me.
I have no problem in delivering around London; might also be a good chance to swap a few bottles of HB. :D

StrangeBrew
Under the Table

Re: BOILER/FERMENTATION BUCKETS

Post by StrangeBrew » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Do you think they might consider a 5 bucket order sent out to different address's if extra postage was offered? If so, I'd have one.

ADDLED

Post by ADDLED » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 pm

I can ask. I asked them what they would knock off if someone was local and wanted to collect and they said the postage amounts to £7 for all 5 buckets, so i guess they might charge that again if you wanted one delivered elsewhere.
Where abouts are you?

StrangeBrew
Under the Table

Post by StrangeBrew » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm in a shed near Maidstone, Kent.

It'll probably be too much agro for them to bother with to split an order and by the time I collect from you in SWL I think it would be a false ecomomy taking petrol and time in to consideration. I can get one from my LHBS for £20/£22 I think.

Jack Hackett

Post by Jack Hackett » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Any idea if they have a minimum order if you collect in person??

ADDLED

Post by ADDLED » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Jack Hackett wrote:Any idea if they have a minimum order if you collect in person??
Ok, I spoke with them this morning.
They won't reduce the min order, but if I order a batch they are happy to separate however many you want for collection and send me the rest.
Strangebrew, I have a driver over at Dartford every week, or I can send them to you. Its more worthwhile if you want more than one.
Let me know. :)

ADDLED

Post by ADDLED » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:04 am

Hi, what about these ones?

Buckets

They are £15 for two, the drawback is that theyve been used for importing chutney so they need a good clean and air, but theyve been used by a few others on the forum without a problem. One positive for me is that they are square sided so will make better use of my limited brewspace, and the lids are smaller and less fiddly that the buckets.

I think these will work out more cost effective cos I can pick them up and save the postage.

CJBrew

Post by CJBrew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:55 am

Of course it's your beer and your body but I'd be wary of the Eurocontainers.
Nowhere does it state that they are food grade plastic...

cheers

Chris

+++++ Edit Ah yes, it does say they're suitable for use in the food industry!

ADDLED

Post by ADDLED » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:11 pm

They're embossed so they are definitely safe.

CJBrew

Post by CJBrew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm

I suppose as long as they're heavy duty enough to hold about 8 gallons of boiling hot wort without going floppy, they're good.

I'm thinking more and more that I'll just save up and get a decent SS boiler. Whether to DIY or buy I don't know, I don't really rate my DIY skills. And I have more knowledge of electrics theory than experience, but as long as stuff is earthed properly that should be OK

Subsonic

Post by Subsonic » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 pm

I would be interested in 2 and am in Gravesend (near Dartford) so I could pick up from your driver if that helps? Also if Strangebrew was interested it might then be easier for him to then get his ones from me? Anyhow, if that seems feasable drop me a pm. Subsonic.

StrangeBrew
Under the Table

Post by StrangeBrew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Nice idea Subsonic, I like your thinking! If it works out and it's ok to collect from you then I'll also have two.