Home bar maxi 210 setup?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
liddley

Home bar maxi 210 setup?

Post by liddley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:20 pm

HI guys,
Was wondering if any one could advise me on seting up my home bar. Not sure which forum this post is supposed to be on as this is all new to me?
I purchaced a chiller unit, tap ,Co2 regulator, keg adaptor ect.. off ebay a year ago and have never got around to setting it up. The chiller unit is a maxi 210 but when I finally inspected the unit I noticed it only has two pipes flow and return for chilled water, recirc. There are no beer lines visable in or out. is this chiller no use for a home bar setup? ( The maxi chillers casing is red , I noticed all the new units for sale on various websites are black.Is this just due to the age of the chiller unit??
Confused? :?

Scooby

Re: Home bar maxi 210 setup?

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:39 pm

liddley wrote:HI guys,
Was wondering if any one could advise me on seting up my home bar. Not sure which forum this post is supposed to be on as this is all new to me?
I purchaced a chiller unit, tap ,Co2 regulator, keg adaptor ect.. off ebay a year ago and have never got around to setting it up. The chiller unit is a maxi 210 but when I finally inspected the unit I noticed it only has two pipes flow and return for chilled water, recirc. There are no beer lines visable in or out. is this chiller no use for a home bar setup? ( The maxi chillers casing is red , I noticed all the new units for sale on various websites are black.Is this just due to the age of the chiller unit??
Confused? :?
The maxi units vary, I have a Coors max 310 it has recirc' and one product line. There is space for the other two product lines but are not fitted and the holes in the case filled with rubber plugs. It is possible that the unit was intended for python cooling use only. I'm not sure about the colour.

It may be no use for your desired application due to not having product lines, (you may be able to fit them) but is still desirable as a fv cooler or similar.

liddley

Post by liddley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Question
You will have to excuse this question if it sounds daft, Im new to the home bar/brewing scene
What is ment by python cooling?? heard it mentioned lots? :?

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:04 pm

The water recirc' is normally sent round the fonts to give the dripping with condensation look but product lines are also bundled round the line and encased in insulation so as the product is cooled all the way to the font. This sort of shows the idea :wink:

liddley

Post by liddley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 pm

I see that makes more sense now thanks!
I take it I need a font designed for this type of cooling. with a flow and return.
Think I must have been done when I bought this lot off ebay. The font I have with the kit is just an old Budwiser tap with a single pipe exiting out of the bottom.
Not sure how the guy I bought the equiptment off had it set up, he claimed he had been using it perfect in his home bar?

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:36 pm

If you post a picture it may help identify what's what :wink:

liddley

Post by liddley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 pm

will take a few pics in morning and post um up. :oops:

liddley

Post by liddley » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab21 ... C11240.jpg
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab21 ... C11239.jpg
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab21 ... C11241.jpg
Some pics of the kit I have got not sure if anyone can identfy it? :oops:
Not sure how to set the picture links up but if you copy and pate the above adresses into the address bar they work fine.
Lots to learn. Doh!

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

liddley wrote:Not sure how to set the picture links up.
If you copy the IMG code in photobucket & paste it in your posts the pictures will be seen directly. There is a "how to" here.

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:19 pm

It certainly looks like the chiller is for python use only.

From the pics it seems the unit and the font is in the sort of condition you would expect it to be in had it just been ripped from a pub, not someone selling an item they had used at home.

All is not lost though as the chiller is still useful and the font is usable but possibly not together. The regulator is also usable. As for the other vessel someone else may know more than I do about it.

liddley

Post by liddley » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Cool,
has anyone got any suggestions for the best way forward with this kit so I can start drinking cool larger and beer.
What other kit do I need for a python setup and best place to buy it from??? :?