Strong 60 Litre Plastic Boiler

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
mcbrew

Strong 60 Litre Plastic Boiler

Post by mcbrew » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Minibrew 15 gallon mash tun which I am very pleased with. However I am now looking to upgrade my boiler to something a little bigger than the 25 litre Ritchie I have at the moment. For safety also I would like a a larger boiler, where I can brew larger volumes without over spill.

I am currently looking at a Minibrew HLT but would probably have to order one from the States. My local brew shop does sell Minibrew but not this model.

The minibrew is well constructed with thick HPDE walls and lots of useful holes pre-drilled for thermometers, taps and elements etc.

Is there and alternative out there, that is a lot stronger which is stronger and larger than the Ritchie I have a present?

Cheers!

MightyMouth

Re: Strong 60 Litre Plastic Boiler

Post by MightyMouth » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:08 pm

The 10 Gallon ones from Hop and grape seem very sturdy but I dont know how they compare to what you already have.

quiff

Re: Strong 60 Litre Plastic Boiler

Post by quiff » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:14 pm

I've just bought a 10 Gallon boiler from H&G today and it looks great but again....not sure how it compares. One thing that does seem different is that it doesn't have a hole for a thermometer.....I do have a drill and some bathroom sealant though 8)