32Litres ?????

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
crookedeyeboy

32Litres ?????

Post by crookedeyeboy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:33 pm

I notice alot of people/calculations are coming out with 30-35litres of pre boil wort, what are people using to boil this?

I have a Brupaks boiler (German one) and Im sure it only holds 29 litres.....would love to get that extra few litres to make sure I come out with the full 25 litre brewlength....

Thanks

OldSpeckledBadger
Under the Table

Re: 32Litres ?????

Post by OldSpeckledBadger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Just save some wort to top up during the boil or dilute down to the target volume post-boil. Or build a bigger boiler.
Best wishes

OldSpeckledBadger

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks, thats what I thought..

TheMumbler

Post by TheMumbler » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:14 pm

I topped up my last one until there was a little more than 60 mins left. My theory was I should get the hot break for all the wort added then. Not a clue how sound that idea was though...

chris_reboot

Post by chris_reboot » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:17 pm

from what I've read, as long as it's getting at least 10mins, top-ups of wort should 'hot break' the same.

oh, and I use a 60L boiler. plenty of space for a 5 gal brew, but we'll see next time when its the big 10gal to test it!

wetdog

Post by wetdog » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 pm

I bought a 10 gallon bucket from hop and grape and converted it into a boiler but I called them the other day and they can't get them in quantity anymore so the only ones they get they are using themselves to make boilers with. They still sell 10 gallon buckets but they're not suitable for use as boilers.
have a look on ebay, quite a few people are buying these blue mango chutney containers and converting them to boilers

CJBrew

Post by CJBrew » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:14 pm

If you have a smaller (say 1.5 gallon+) stock pot, maybe you could boil the last gallon separately on your stove -- chuck some bittering hops in -- recombine the worts after boiling.

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by floydmeddler » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:16 pm

wetdog wrote:I bought a 10 gallon bucket from hop and grape and converted it into a boiler but I called them the other day and they can't get them in quantity anymore so the only ones they get they are using themselves to make boilers with. They still sell 10 gallon buckets but they're not suitable for use as boilers.
have a look on ebay, quite a few people are buying these blue mango chutney containers and converting them to boilers
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20718&st=0&sk=t&sd=a