Kegging system needed

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
bosium
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Kegging system needed

Post by bosium » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a kegging system. I guess a few cornies and some gas, etc.
My question is, where is the best place to get it all?

Hop and grape seem to have everything, but little information on the items themselves. Does anyone have any experience with the stuff they sell? For eg they sell a CO2 regulator, but no information on it other than the title and the price. ebay?

Any info would be useful.

Thanks!

adm

Re: Kegging system needed

Post by adm » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Cornies, regulator, disconnects and most bits from "Norm" (PM me if you can't find his email address with a search on the the forum). Anything else you can get either from BarleyBottom or the "Harmony Hut" on eBay for much better prices than tH&G.. Norm will include two disconnects and some 3/8 gas line with each corny. As for the regulator, think about whether or not you will ever need more than one pressure to cornies at any time - if so, get a multiple (independent) output regulator.

For the gas bottle, your best solution is to find a local gas supplier that will give you a large CO2 bottle (preferably without deposit). Don't mess around with the little CO2 cartridges or even the Widget World system until you've exhausted any chance of getting a big bottle.

Best bet is to call local gas and tool hire places (if you've got a Calor gas depot, try them, if not look for welding or pub gas supplies). There is a thread on here somewhere that lists out all the decent gas places people have found so far....try a search on "local gas supplier" or similar.

bosium
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Re: Kegging system needed

Post by bosium » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:12 am

Great info, Adm. I knew there had to be someone / somewhere to get the works from - I have sent him an email.

Woohoo soon no more bottles! swmbo will be pleased, my house looks like a recycling depot at the best of times.