Brewgas sparge arm

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
dynamic dave

Brewgas sparge arm

Post by dynamic dave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Have been looking around for a sparge arm finding that most home-brew online shops where not selling them so I rang my local shop some fifty mile round trip and they have two in stock.
After arriving and having to pay for parking opposite shop and buy the last one £35 which I notice it has rip in bag so ask how it works and where you connect the water feed and told by the owner that it goes on the top part brass tee piece,when I get it home I find that brass part has diameter of about 5mm and my pipes are 15mm hose.
I had to run tape around the end to pack it out to get tight fit ,today I found on website brewgas sparge arm with a picture that has a white plastic L shape hose connection with it which mine was missing. :-({|=

Has anyone else got this 7 inch model and did come with this piece?
I will be giving the shop a ring Saturday to see what he has to say more than likely get refund.I think he was really out order selling it of course I will wait to get my money back before telling him.

dynamic dave

Re: Brewgas sparge arm

Post by dynamic dave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:03 pm

thanks chris really a lot trouble to go back over to the shop,the owner might have mentioned that when selling it to me.
As you can see from this picture the piece that's missing on mine is L shape after the hosepipe.

Graham

Post by Graham » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm

The L shaped piece is a fairly recent addition - they never used to come with it. They came with just a small, say 2-inch, length of small-diameter flexible tubing which pushed onto the sparger. The other end of the tube was pushed into larger diameter tubing from the HLT. The larger diameter tubing you have to supply yourself.

I am sure that Phil's sparge arm has not been imported into this country for many years, so I doubt if many exist in the UK with the L-piece. Actually, you are lucky to get one (although probably not at the price you paid for it). It is made by LISTERMANN

dynamic dave

Post by dynamic dave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 pm

art of brewing website did sell it with this L piece for £19.56p ,has anyone made one themselves with that special barring?