is this going to be to big

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
dubboy

is this going to be to big

Post by dubboy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:43 pm

hi there,
Just wondering if this cooler box is going to be to big to do mashs for 25ltr of wort http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/product ... oler-combo,
Or should i go for something a bit smaller.
Cheers

MightyMouth

Re: is this going to be to big

Post by MightyMouth » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

It will have quite a lot of head space on average gravity brews but if you want to be able to make stronger beers you will find it useful, as long as you preheat the tun you shouldn't suffer too much heat loss and can always step up to bigger brews with it. I have a 50lt bain marie which I occasionally make 25lt brews in without issue.

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 pm

well i have a 70ltr boiler and this and was wondering would i be able to make a large enough brew to fill to cornys up with this set up?
Cheers

borischarlton
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by borischarlton » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:00 am

sjw7

Post by sjw7 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:47 pm

I spotted this and wondered if it was a good alternative.

http://www.click4tents.co.uk/Cool-Boxes ... -Container

Not been able to find it as cheap as the normal coolbox yet but from reading the forums the Igloo/Rubbermaid upright coolers are prefered.

Thanks

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:12 pm

thanks for the links.The reason why i am asking is because i already have the box i have mentioned and converted it to a mash tun but after reading some post on here it has made me worry that it wont work. the brew i shall hopefully be doing are like pale ales and hob goblins and some lagers and hopefully 10 gallon brew if not enought to fill two cornys at a time or 23ltr.
I havent tried any of my gear because i am new to the darkside :evil: and i am scared i will get it wrong :oops: and it is kind of a mine field for me with all the infomation you good fellows have put on this amazing forum :wink:

dubboy

Post by dubboy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm

:lol: