No Tc From My King Keg!!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
seankeggers

No Tc From My King Keg!!

Post by seankeggers » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi All, Not been on for some time but i'm hoping somebody can help.. A while back i brewed some Turbo cider :) I stored it in a king keg top tap, the problem is i cant extract the brew!! I have used my gas bottle to boost the pressure in the keg but can only manage to get a small amount from the keg :cry: I've tried to put more gas in and the screech that comes from what i assume is the seal on the top of the king keg scares me to death :shock: Any ideas to what mt proble might be?? thanks

Trunky

:)

Post by Trunky » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:32 pm

:)
Last edited by Trunky on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seankeggers

Re: No Tc From My King Keg!!

Post by seankeggers » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm

hi , are you saying they do not work at all??

pas8280
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze
Location: Hindley Green near Wigan but far enough away for it to count :)

Post by pas8280 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:41 pm

I had a similar problem with my top tap King Keg i found eventually that the float and pipe had come away from the tap oops never used it since but i might think about it when i get going with AG
The Hollyhop Brewery 100 litre stainless

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her - W.C. Fields

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol - anon

Trunky

Post by Trunky » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:00 pm

seankeggers wrote:hi , are you saying they do not work at all??
I'm simply saying that I don't see what the advantages are for the increased cost over a budget keg - I guess the shopkeeper is kinda sugesting that you can 'drink the beer quicker' bit for all the problems I experienced 20 years ago and for all those having similar bother - it's not worth it.

Bottle your beer if you want it fizzy (or use corenlius kegs) and if you don't use a a polypin or a bag-in-a-box system.