Widget world cylinders

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Shoit

Widget world cylinders

Post by Shoit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:04 pm

I have an ongoing problem with gas supply - i really don't want to go down the route of a pub gas cylinder at the moment as I just don't have the space. I was going to use the widget world system but didn't realise that you can't get the full cylinders in the post! DOH. My local homebrew shop doesn't appear to stock the widget world cylinders - they do stock the sodas tream cylinders (at least on their website). Are these compatible? I also can't mod the cornelius kegs to take a S30 valve - or rather I don't want to!

Anyone have any other suggestions, i'm really stumped here.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

beer taster
Piss Artist

Re: Widget world cylinders

Post by beer taster » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Kevin
I have one of THESE the smaller 35L soda stream gas bottles do fit but you do need to be careful not to cross thread them. Unfortuatelly I'd had a few beers when I tried to fit mine and cross threaded the handle. I bottle most of my beer so I've not really used it much but it seems to work OK. There is a 60L soda stream bottle but I don't know if that fits.

Shoit

Re: Widget world cylinders

Post by Shoit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:50 pm

I've seen a few threads on here about the newer 60l bottles but can't see whether anyone has confirmed that they will fit the widget world (specifically the SODA-SH system) Can anyone confirm?

Kevin