Pressurised Gas Co2 etc

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Bornagain

Pressurised Gas Co2 etc

Post by Bornagain » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:53 am

So far in my brewing evolution, I'm Extract Brewing and Bottling. Moving into All Grain and Kegging, next year. I live in an Apartment and do not have a Sed/Garage - therfore I would have to keep the canister/tank in the flat. My question is two fold; Is anyone aware of any legislation that prohibits me from doing so. (or would simply recommend that this is not safe?!). Do the tanks have to be stored at a set/low/constant temperature - as my Flat tends to fluctuate temperature wise - over quiet a range. I would love to dispense draft to my friends - but must be satisfied in my mind, that this is a safe quest to be involved in - as I have no experience of Presurised Gas and any help or advice would be much apreciated. Many thanks, Paul :-)

tubthumper

Re: Pressurised Gas Co2 etc

Post by tubthumper » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:46 am

if you want to make sure your covered legally check with the freeholder of the lease they will be the one who can decide if you can have gas in the flat.
as for gas canisters so long as they are no where near a sorce of flame you should be ok as Ihave seen them in some strange places at work ( same room as office with computers in) and they never get told off by elf and saftey . gas canisters need to be checked everytime they are refilled and they should be able to give you a certifcate that it is up to code.
hope this helps but differnt legistations apply to homes so leaseholder is best start

Bornagain

Post by Bornagain » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:27 am

Thanks so nuch for the advice. Paul...

grmills

Post by grmills » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:55 am

If you're talking about propane bottles (as opposed to CO2 for dispensing) and are concerned about the risks, why not go electric?