norms plastic top cornies - any good?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
wetdog

norms plastic top cornies - any good?

Post by wetdog » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 am

I see the cornies that Norm has been doing recently at 2 for £60 have green plastic lids. Has anyone used these? are they any good?

sim

Re: norms plastic top cornies - any good?

Post by sim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:19 pm

ive been using 2 of these for 6 months or so now and ive had zero probs.
mine are the type with a single handle on the top of the keg and personally i prefer them to my other with a rubber ring type top with two handles.

wetdog

Post by wetdog » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:13 pm

but if you decided to buy metal ones to replace them, would they be the same size?

jimw86

Post by jimw86 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:27 pm

on the subjedct of cornie lids, are they stainless steel? Only reason I ask is that I got one off fleabay and it had a PRV on it. I don't need the PRV and Im not paying £12 for a new one and I was thinking of getting a welder friend to just weld it up.

sim

Post by sim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:31 pm

interchangeability of the lids - i did put the wrong lid on the wrong cornie for one brew. didnt realise for a day or so (lost in the home brew haze!), but it made no difference.
thing is, i cant remember which way round it was and am not sure if that will make a difference???
give me a week or so to empty the one im drinking, and ill have a look, but i am almost certain that each will fit both.

sim

Post by sim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 pm

also, i would have thought they almost definitely would be stainless. cant see them being anything else.

jimw86

Post by jimw86 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks mate :wink: