Maxi 210 Connections

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
JULES

Maxi 210 Connections

Post by JULES » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:36 am

Hi everyone I have obtained 5 cornies, gauge etc, 3 from Alan ( shandypants5 ) and 2 from Norm who delivered them to my door personally ( cheers Norm it was great to have a chat with you ) and I have just bought a Maxi 210 chiller and was wondering what to do with the recirculation pipes ? I have seen that some people connect a loop to it but that means that it would be on most of the time cooling the water.I have also seen on some pictures that there is no pipe connected to the outlets does this mean that the recirc has been disconnected inside the chiller ? and if so how do i do it and will it be the right thing to do ( will it damage it in any way ? ) as i will only be running lines from 2 cornies to the chiller and back to 2 taps that don't have a python cooling option.

Blackaddler
Under the Table

Re: Maxi 210 Connections

Post by Blackaddler » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Maxis are not really meant to be turned on an off regularly. In the manual, it says "Do not switch the unit ‘off’ and ‘on’ within five minutes."

There are at least 2 separate systems for passing fluid through the ice bath.
The recirculating water system, which is pumped via the 2 upturned tubes on the front.
The product system for beer [or water] is via the straight tubes [unpumped]. There can be up to about 4 different product coils, for 4 different beers to circulate through the chiller. These don't need to be connected to anything when not in use.

I just connect python tubing to the [pumped] recirculating system, and then to a heat exchanger which I use to cool my fermenter. An ATC800+ temperature controller switches my Maxi 110 on and off. But as this is only once every few hours, it doesn't appear to be a problem.

If you don't want to use the recirculated water for cooling, you can loop the inlet/outlet tubes together...
"To allow the cooler to operate during installation and form an ice reserve, any pump connections for still water recirculation must be looped together with pipe. This will prevent water being pumped from the water bath."
... and then you can then connect up to the product supply coils via the straight inlet/outlet tubes. You can run beer or water through, but you'll need a separate pump [or gas pressure?] of some sort.

Here's the Maxi range product manual [479kb zip file]...
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/452c60ed-24 ... on=forceDL

I'm not 100% sure as to what it is you want to do [I don't use cornies], but I hope that the above helps.

JULES

Re: Maxi 210 Connections

Post by JULES » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 pm

[quote="

If you don't want to use the recirculated water for cooling, you can loop the inlet/outlet tubes together...
"To allow the cooler to operate during installation and form an ice reserve, any pump connections for still water recirculation must be looped together with pipe. This will prevent water being pumped from the water bath."
... and then you can then connect up to the product supply coils via the straight inlet/outlet tubes. You can run beer or water through, but you'll need a separate pump [or gas pressure?] of some sort.

Here's the Maxi range product manual [479kb zip file]...
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/452c60ed-24 ... on=forceDL

I'm not 100% sure as to what it is you want to do [I don't use cornies], but I hope that the above helps.[/quote]

Thanks that's what i will do ....