Rare Earth Magnets in a Kegerator?

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
yogester

Rare Earth Magnets in a Kegerator?

Post by yogester » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 pm

I am planning to mount a wall mount triple reg inside my kegerator, such as this:-

I was thinking of J-B Welding some rare earth magnets onto the back wall of the fridge thus allowing me to remove the board when and as needed. My concern is for the condenser coils. Anyone foresee problems with this idea? Makes me a tad nervous... am I being nitty?

Ta!

Yogester

Scooby

Re: Rare Earth Magnets in a Kegerator?

Post by Scooby » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Surely that's what the key hole mounts are for?

jimw86

Post by jimw86 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Shouldn't cause any problems at all mate. But Scooby is right, surely thats what the mounts are for.

yogester

Post by yogester » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:18 pm

I guess I wasn't clear enough, how do you suggest mounting it inside the fridge. How would you put in a screw for the keyhole mount without drilling into a condenser coil?

6470zzy
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by 6470zzy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:26 pm

I say give the J-B weld a go, its a sight better than shooting a screw through a coil, #-o

If you have the magnets you have nothing to loose.

Cheers
"Work is the curse of the drinking class"
Oscar Wilde

jimw86

Post by jimw86 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Mount it on the side of the inside and you wont have to worry about the coil. Or is that not an option? Saying that Im fairly sure domestic fridge coils are made of aluminium. I could be wrong though, I dont work on domestic fridges.

yogester

Post by yogester » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:45 am

jimw86 wrote:Mount it on the side of the inside and you wont have to worry about the coil. Or is that not an option? Saying that Im fairly sure domestic fridge coils are made of aluminium. I could be wrong though, I dont work on domestic fridges.
No, not an option sorry... Its a Zanussi fridge. I guess if I can't think of another way to do it I'll guinea pig it...

Russ

Post by Russ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:23 am

Why not cut a piece of sheet timber, put some short screws in to match the key holes, then stick the timber to the fridge. Gripfill or Stick's like Sh*t would work well I would think.