Hot/Warming cupboard as fermenter

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
sexysouthwest

Hot/Warming cupboard as fermenter

Post by sexysouthwest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Was wondering if anyone has tried converting a hot/warming cupboard into a fermenter,It seems ideal but i have been wrong before!!! I have seen one and its seems the right temp for a fermenter. ANY ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS..

sexysouthwest

Re: Hot/Warming cupboard as fermenter

Post by sexysouthwest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I'm a Refrigeration engineer by trade so was going to rig it up to a digital controller or was thinking of getting a commercial fridge and rigging that with a heater aswell as cooler and a digital controller asks for cooling or heating,Not too syre which road to go down!!!

sexysouthwest

Post by sexysouthwest » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 am

yeah i think i will go down the road of a fridge. A commercial style fridge with a fan will warm up inside due to the fan inside runnung and if it gets to warm the controller will bring in a chiller. Problem is i already have a big double door stainless chiller as a celler keeping my brews cold. I got 2 kegs in it and about 150 or more bottles.Plus the garage isnt big enought for more chillers as i got a large stainless sink and stainless table in there!!!
The problem with working on commercial catering equipment is that you get the chance to purchase so much JUNK!!!!

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:46 am

I have a some spare space in my garage, Perhaps I can 'store' some of your junk :=P :lol:

mick

Post by mick » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:47 am

Sounds like you've got some great gear, you jammy git :D