King Keg to beer pump...

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
BigBrewWill

King Keg to beer pump...

Post by BigBrewWill » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi gang is it possible to connect a king keg a beer pump (hand pump). if so how?
or I have a top tap king keg.
thanks

vipergreen

Re: King Keg to beer pump...

Post by vipergreen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:26 pm

I'd like to know this also

Russ

Post by Russ » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Check out how Jim did this, photo's at the bottom of the page. I've also used a similar method, works fine.

viewtopic.php?t=8917&highlight=cask+breather

Hope that helps

Russ

vipergreen

Post by vipergreen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Just read the other threads

Do I need an Olympus In-Line Non-Return Valve about half way down this page (the one for £13.39)

http://www.cfbsonline.co.uk/

Russ

Post by Russ » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Don't think so I just used a check valve similar to this one 2nd from the top of the list.

http://www.barleybottom.com/menu/product/&ID=116

The one I've got was not the one in the link above, mine came from Colin Farrar (was a similar price) but they don't seem to list them any more. You could always give Paul at BB a call to check the one he lists will do what you want. Basically mine stays shut even with pressure in the keg and only alows beer through when you pull the beer engine handle. Works fine for me.

Hope this helps

Russ

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by floydmeddler » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Russ wrote:Don't think so I just used a check valve similar to this one 2nd from the top of the list.

http://www.barleybottom.com/menu/product/&ID=116

The one I've got was not the one in the link above, mine came from Colin Farrar (was a similar price) but they don't seem to list them any more. You could always give Paul at BB a call to check the one he lists will do what you want. Basically mine stays shut even with pressure in the keg and only alows beer through when you pull the beer engine handle. Works fine for me.

Hope this helps

Russ
Hi Russ,

How long does it take you to finish a keg and is it good quality all the way through the keg?

Also, presumably it isn't carbonated? That would defeat the purpose of attaching it to a beer engine surely?

Cheers

Russ

Post by Russ » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:54 pm

TBH I don't use it very much at all, only for showing off if I've got guests :oops:

I find the beer that sits in the body of the engine goes fusty overnight and it would be wasteful for regular low volume consumption. I prefer my taps for general use and get the engine out for special occasions.

I only keep the kegs at very low pressure, just to give the ale a little life, I wouldn't call it carbonated.

Cheers

Russ
Last edited by Russ on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vipergreen

Post by vipergreen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks Russ

I've emailed Paul at BB

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by floydmeddler » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Russ wrote:TBH I don't use it very much at all, only for showing of if I've got guests :oops:

I find the beer that sits in the body of the engine goes fusty overnight and it would be wasteful for regular low volume consumption. I prefer my taps for general use and get the engine out for special occasions.

I only keep the kegs at very low pressure, just to give the ale a little life, I wouldn't call it carbonated.

Cheers

Russ
Ah right, cheers. Would love to have the room for cornies. I've recently been going for very low carbonation too with my bottles. Much better. :D

Russ

Post by Russ » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:28 pm

I use some bottles too.

I generally go for half a teaspoon per pint and find that plenty.