Cornie Stuff

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
crookedeyeboy

Cornie Stuff

Post by crookedeyeboy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:54 am

Right. Ive got my beady eye on some co2 regs on eBay and I have a length of pipe that came with my cornie with two fittings on either end when I bought it from Norm. Do I need to buy extra John Guest fittings to connect the pipe to the co2 reg? Im not sure what size the pipe is but it looks like the one in Jims feature about setting up cornies/dispensing....sorry for the lack of details.

Im going to buy a tap to fit to the cornie so I can hopefully buy more of them and just swap the tap over for dispensing :D

Any other tips?

wmfd
Piss Artist

Re: Cornie Stuff

Post by wmfd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:15 pm

crookedeyeboy wrote:Right. Ive got my beady eye on some co2 regs on eBay and I have a length of pipe that came with my cornie with two fittings on either end when I bought it from Norm. Do I need to buy extra John Guest fittings to connect the pipe to the co2 reg? Im not sure what size the pipe is but it looks like the one in Jims feature about setting up cornies/dispensing....sorry for the lack of details.

Im going to buy a tap to fit to the cornie so I can hopefully buy more of them and just swap the tap over for dispensing :D

Any other tips?
Have you got two pipes, one with two gas and one with two beer fittings?

You could take one of the fittings off the pipe with two gas. Unscrew the gas/beer fitting off to leave the plastic 'compression fitting type thingy' on the end of the pipe and screw this onto the gas regulator. That's what I did with mine with the regulator from Norm.

The tap that fits straight on the cornie (again from Norm) is working well for me, just need to leave the beer long enough to condition :D

David
Planning: Election interference Russian Imperial Cocoa Stout and something for Christmas
Fermenting: Nothing beery (there is a kombucha going though)
Conditioning: Nothing
Bottled (Drinking): 1936 Mackesons, Weissbeer, Summer Lightning

My supplies from http://www.themaltmiller.co.uk