Visiting Leadgate shortly, looking for local home brew shops

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
EoinMag

Visiting Leadgate shortly, looking for local home brew shops

Post by EoinMag » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:08 pm

As the title suggests, I'll be in the UK shortly visiting the wifes family, up near Consett in Co Durham, and was wondering if there are any good home brew shops in the area. I won't have a car so Darlington for Leyland is kinda too far, any help would be appreciated. I will be able to get to Newcastle and a few places, just not too far, cheers.

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Visiting Leadgate shortly, looking for local home brew shops

Post by Jim » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm

The only one I know of closer to you than Darlington (that's the Hop and Grape by the way :wink: ) is the stall at Durham indoor market, and they only have a few odds and sods.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

harry_mac

Post by harry_mac » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:05 am

The only half-decent one I know of on Tyneside is Elderberry in Whitley Bay. It's right next to the metro station though, so easy to get to from Newcastle. He sells 25Kg sacks of MO for £30 if you ring up to arrange, but probably a bit far for you to carry :D

Lillywhite

Post by Lillywhite » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:01 am

EoinMag wrote: I'll be in the UK shortly visiting the wifes family, up near Consett in Co Durham
There's a home brew stall in the indoor market in Durham which is only 11 miles away from Leadgate. :wink:

EoinMag

Post by EoinMag » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Ok, I got to the stall at the indoor market, then I found their main shop in Houghten le spring, not very good for beers, mainly a wine shop. I also got up to Wilkos in Sunderland and got some stuff there. In all I got a good bit of kit, going home Wednesday, don't think I'll be buying anymore kit though, I'll already have to post a good lot of this stuff home.
Thanks for all the help.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:28 pm

EoinMag wrote:Ok, I got to the stall at the indoor market, then I found their main shop in Houghten le spring, not very good for beers, mainly a wine shop.
I take it you were one of the lucky ones to escape Houghton then? :lol: :lol: