Shiny new regulator

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
JabbA

Re: Shiny new regulator

Post by JabbA » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 pm

I had to double-check the description :)

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Why do I never double check anything before I post! :shock:

Trunky

:)

Post by Trunky » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

:)
Last edited by Trunky on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Ah ha! What about this one.....Perfect and the price is too

Click Me!

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:00 am

Check you have 3/8" BSP tappings. I expect you'll find they are 1/8" BSP

The major dia of a 3/8" BSP thread is nearly 17mm, and 1/8" is about 10mm :wink:

jimw86

Post by jimw86 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 am

Not being facetious or anything but the gauge in that pic goes up in 4psi increments as does mine.

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:55 am

The pic is just one of the gauges. there are loads of others with different scales

djrm

Post by djrm » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:41 am

Im new to corny keg fittings but by reading these forums found all I needed to know.

I bought these to fit a pressure gauge to a spare gas inlet disconnect via a short piece of gas tube.
pipe adaptor
15psi gauge This can be used to check the pressure on a corny without the need to connect the gas bottle.

Afterwards I saw this for sale and it looks like it could be useful in your gas line.
fuel pressure gauge tee adaptor

Now Ive got this handy britvic gas distribution board: regulators because my cornys are breeding, like they do.

JabbA

Post by JabbA » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm

The postie stuffed a jiffy bag through my letter box this morning, all looking a bit tidier now!:

After intalling the push-fit connector there was still a leak so I turned up the pressure and could hear gas escaping from the PRV. I removed it, boiled it in a pan of water for ~5mins and replaced; all hunky-dory now :D

On the gauge front, I popped off the gauge and measured the thread ø :

Referring to the all knowing Wikipedia, the threads on the gauges are 1/4". Oh and the gauges are ø50mm.

I've brought one of these. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Jamie

jimw86

Post by jimw86 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:53 pm

crookedeyeboy wrote:The pic is just one of the gauges. there are loads of others with different scales
No, the one that comes on the reg. Replacing the gauge for the sake of 1psi is a waste of money mate.

crookedeyeboy

Post by crookedeyeboy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm

JabbA wrote:The postie stuffed a jiffy bag through my letter box this morning, all looking a bit tidier now!:

After intalling the push-fit connector there was still a leak so I turned up the pressure and could hear gas escaping from the PRV. I removed it, boiled it in a pan of water for ~5mins and replaced; all hunky-dory now :D

On the gauge front, I popped off the gauge and measured the thread ø :

Referring to the all knowing Wikipedia, the threads on the gauges are 1/4". Oh and the gauges are ø50mm.

I've brought one of these. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Jamie

Thanks Jamie I shall get me one of thise on Santas list...Just made a beer today so hopefully this will be destined for the first use of the Corny! :D

JabbA

Post by JabbA » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Bit of an update...

I picked up the new gauge from the post office and got round to fitting it this morning.

I tried to screw it in a bit further but couldn't get the dials to line up!

Bit peed off when I re-attached the JG fitting with an adjustable spanner and scrathced the face of the dial #-o

Cheers,
Jamie

andysmok

Post by andysmok » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:21 am

JabbA wrote:I've found this @ 37 psi which seems spot on to me! Not sure about the connection tho, R1/8- I'm assuming it's 1/8"?? Bit pricey @ £9.10...

Would the bottle pressure gauge have to be replaced as well?

Cheers,
Jamie
I got one of them off Tbay for less than £2 delivered. I use mine to check my conditioning beers have not lost there seals as they wait to be gassed up and the consumed :wink: Very handy

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:10 am

JabbA wrote:
I tried to screw it in a bit further but couldn't get the dials to line up!
A few more turns of teflon tape will sort that out :wink: