Beer Engine cylinder split

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
mick

Beer Engine cylinder split

Post by mick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

I've bought a cheap beer engine that was in a terrible state, very thick with nicotine stains etc. Anyway I stripped it today to clean and the cylinder top was so tight I had to use a strap wrench which has caused a split on top of the plastic cylinder. I didn't see it until it started to drip #-o Does anyone know any glue I can use to try and glue it, or is the beer engine fit for the bin :(

afrith

Re: Beer Engine cylinder split

Post by afrith » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

mick

Post by mick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 pm

afrith wrote:Is this what you need?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
No, it's the cylinder in the beer engine. Best price I've seen is £50+ and I don't know the make of the beer pump.

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 pm

It sounds like a scrapper :cry: .........however you can try making a groove in it and plastic welding it or araldite it (on the outside, not the piston side) Failing that these people are very helpful http://www.worthside.co.uk/purchase.html
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife

mick

Post by mick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:38 pm

trucker5774 wrote:It sounds like a scrapper :cry: .........however you can try making a groove in it and plastic welding it or araldite it (on the outside, not the piston side) Failing that these people are very helpful http://www.worthside.co.uk/purchase.html
Is it a no no on the inside, the crack is on the lid bit? If it's a scrapper I might buy a new pump, don't want to buy another piece of junk. Have you bought from Worthside before?

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:50 pm

If it's only the screw on end to the cylinder, they are always hard to get apart......hence the strap wrench, then try anything to seal it as per my previous post or any other ideas anyone comes up with. The piston will not touch this part so the 'O' rings will not be damaged by any rough bits. If all fails Worthside may have the spare part you need, otherwise it sounds like it would be cheaper to get another from flea bay. I have used worthside recently...... have a look at my post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27409&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife