Damn!

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Damn!

Post by floydmeddler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi all,

Making a new plastic boiler for my mate and instead of waiting to borrow a drill to make the hole for the element, I tried (having successfully done so twice before) making one with a knife :shock:

Anyway, the knife slipped and I made a 5mm slice outside the hole. Thing leaked everywhere when I installed the element.

Is it knackered now or can I somehow patch the entire hole up and make a new one... with a drill?

Cheers

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Re: Damn!

Post by trucker5774 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Plastic welding the split or a patch with silicon is an option. Better still a visit to the plumbers merchant for a large fitting with a tap or blanking plate. You may be surprised what a good merchant stocks
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife

floydmeddler
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by floydmeddler » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:43 pm

Cheers. Will look into it.

themadhippy
Even further under the Table

Post by themadhippy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 pm

High temperature silicon sealer ,something like SILIRUB HT-A is ideal, good for up to 285 c.I've just used some to seal the elements on my home made boiler.
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

tubthumper

Post by tubthumper » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 pm

fernox also make foodsafe high temp sealer blue box for thelife of me cant rember its name but any plumbing shop or even b&q stock it I am sure toolstaion and screwfix also stock it as well but cant find in thier catologs
also
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhesiv ... 340/p16336 is safe to 100 c
and I doubt you willb egoing over that in a boiler
both would be a good bet