corny conundrum

The forum for discussing all kinds of brewing paraphernalia.
Chard

corny conundrum

Post by Chard » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Heres one for all you corny pros.

Ok i got all the bits for my first ever corny and decided to give her a whirl with water to make sure it all works before i start gettin beer involved.

good news and bad news.

- good news is that the keg itself was great. no leaking of liquid or gas. used my picknic tap to run the water through and i got a bit excited imagining my beer coming through.

- bad news is that there is a gas leak where my tubing connects to the regulator and grey disconnect. i have the tubing straight on the barbs and jubilee clips to tighten. the clips may be a bit big so im popping to screw fix later to get some 8mm ones. if this doesnt work has anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers

adm

Re: corny conundrum

Post by adm » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 pm

If that doesn't work (it should, assuming you tighten it enough), then you could unscrew the barb fittings from the posts and regulator (if this is possible - not sure about your reg) and replace them with John Guest Speedfit fittings.

Chard

Post by Chard » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 pm

would u say JG are better than just barb and clamp? if so i might take the regulator into screwfix and ask what JG might fit.

adm

Post by adm » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Chard wrote:would u say JG are better than just barb and clamp? if so i might take the regulator into screwfix and ask what JG might fit.
Personally - yes, as they don't need a screwdriver to connect or disconnect. However, a barb and hose fitting with a jubilee clip should be just fine.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I prefer the JG speedfit for gas line too, I think that will solve your problem.